Home Discussion Discuss: C file open example

• Programming in CTebogo Makola April 17, 2011 at 5:02 PM

Write a C program that reads in the Y values of a function provided in data.txt. The Y values correspond to an X domain ranging from -3 to 6 with a step size of 0.01. The program must use a function that performs the numerical differentiation method described below to calculate the derivative of the input data and write the resulting X and Y values to a CSV file. Corresponding X and Y values must be separated by a comma and subsequent data points must be separated by new lines. In our case the size of h is our step size and if we perform this calculation between each data point we will get the derivative of the function. â?¢ A function must be used to calculate the derivative between 2 values, it must accept the 2 Y values currently being evaluated and return the derivative at that point. â?¢ When a file is opened it must be confirmed that the file was opened correctly. â?¢ The lower and upper bound values and step size must be defined as constants Next the produced CSV file must be imported into Microsoft Excel and the X and Y data must be plotted in a chart. The axes must be labelled appropriately and the chart must be given a title. Once the data is plotted a trendline of the appropriate type must be fitted to the data. Finally you must calculate the variance of the Y values imported into Excel without using the built in variance function. You may only use the built in SUM and AVERAGE functions.

• thnksEmmanuel February 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM

i got started with this, good intro

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
C Tutorials

C file open example
C file open example       This section demonstrates you how to open a file in C.  The header.... Here we are going to open a file using library function fopen(). You can see 

Programming Tutorials

JavaScript Open file
JavaScript Open file...; In this section, you will learn how to open and read the file in JavaScript. You can see in the given example, we have created a file component to let the user 

JSP Tutorials

JSP Open File
an example from JSP Open File. To understand the example we create openFile.jsp... JSP Open File          JSP Open File is used to create a file and write 

JSP Servlet Questions

open document
open document  open a word document using jsp   Please go through the following link: Java Read word document file The above link will provide an example that will read the document file using POI library in java 

Java Beginners

how to open java
how to open Java  how to open java file simple Java Example 

Java Beginners

open a bufferedwriter file in append mode - Java Beginners
open a bufferedwriter file in append mode  hi.. i jus want knw how to opena bufferedwriter file in append mode..  Hi friend, FileWriter... simply overwrite the contents in the file by the specified string but if you put 

JSP Servlet Questions

open word document
open word document  how to open a word document ??   Please go through the following link: Java Read word document file The above link will provide an example that will read the document file using POI library in java 

JSP Servlet Questions

open word document
open word document  how to open a word document ??   Please go through the following link: Java Read word document file The above link will provide an example that will read the document file using POI library in java 

JSP Servlet Questions

open word document

Java Beginners

Open or Open Source Software
copyright and can be used by anyone. Linux operating system is an example of open...Open or Open Source Software  what is mean by open or open source software in Computer Terminology?   In a computer terminology, open 

Programming Tutorials

Open Source Midi
; Open Source Midi Technology A MIDI sound file that contains...Open Source Midi Open Source Midi Proprietary software Being the best... share. As proponents of open source software, it should not be beneath us 

Design concepts & design patterns Questions

how to open a file of .110 extension??
how to open a file of .110 extension??  I have a file which is in .110 extension and that file is belongs to Nokia 1100 mobile. How to open that kind of file format? Do i need any converter to open that? So that i can understand 

Programming Tutorials

Open Source VoIP
Open Source VoIP/TelePhony Open source VoIP/Telephony One of the first open source VoIP projects -and one of the earliest VoIP PBXes... for the platform, both commercial and open source.      

PHP Questions

How to Open a File in HTML Form
How to Open a File in HTML Form  Hi, My question in that how could i open a file in HTML Form. Could any one suggest me the examples or online help... it. Otherwise take this examples and syntax that will show how to Open a file in HTML 

General

Open The Default Editor to Edit the File
Open The Default Editor to Edit the File   ... the things that helps to open the file in the default editor to edit the file. When... where it exists in your system. And then the application will open the file 

Java-Tutorials

Java File Writing Example
Java File Writing Example To write some data on the file you need to first open the file in append mode by using the java.io.FileWriter class and then pass...()); } } } Note:- Before running this example you must create a text file 

PHP Tutorial

Opening a file in a HTML form
Opening a file in a HTML form In this example, you will first see that a form has been created in HTML format and the code of opening a file has been written separately.  First create a HTML form and call the php action file to open 

OpenSourceSoftware

Open Source Hardware
example of this is the Simputer. Open source hardware is part of the open source... around for awhile. We've all seen it: Linux is the biggest example. Why does open.... This means that every file needed to understand and rebuild a project is open 

Java Beginners

How to open a file in java using JFileChooser
How to open a file in java using JFileChooser  How to open a file in java using JFileChooser 

C Tutorials

C file read example
C file read example      ... in the given example, we prompt the user to enter the name of the file to read... the function fopen() which will open the entered file. If no error occurred while 

Java Beginners

If I open .class file with notepad what is displayed?
If I open .class file with notepad what is displayed?   What is displayed when we open java .class files with notepad 

PHP Questions

PHP Open Excel File in browser - PHP
PHP Open Excel File in browser  How we can open an excel file using PHP code. I don?t want to let the user to download it rather I would like to get it open in the web browser. Any help would be great. Thank you very much 

Java Beginners

how to open a file with a jbutton? - Java Beginners
how to open a file with a jbutton?  Hello Is it possible that by clicking on a button it can open java html file or doc exists on the pc? I searched and I found that it is possible to open a web page so I tried to open 

OpenSourceSoftware

IBM Open Source
cited the open source platform Linux as an example of a technology that has ?forked...IBM Open Source Open source: IBM's deadly weapon Once... bearer of all things open and interoperable. Seeing the company's peace, love 

Java Beginners

read from cmd syntax and open the file
read from cmd syntax and open the file  i have to read the name of the database e.g., "database.txt" file from a cmd syntax and open it: java FindKeys database=db.txt;minjoinrows=integer|all how can i do 

Java Beginners

read from cmd syntax and open the file
read from cmd syntax and open the file  i have to read the name of the database e.g., "database.txt" file from a cmd syntax and open it: java FindKeys database=db.txt;minjoinrows=integer|all how can i do 

JSP Servlet Questions

need to open a file that is in server using jsp
need to open a file that is in server using jsp   im doing a web... open link it should be opened in jsp.downlaoding part was done by me. wt i need is just want to open a pdf in jsp.is it possible to open sever file from jsp.Plz 

WebSevices Questions

Is there any website available to open .mdb file online?
Is there any website available to open .mdb file online?  I am having an .mdb file. And I don't have MS Office in my computer. So for, I need to view the .mdb file in online. Could you tell me any website 

OpenSourceSoftware

Open Source Content Management
Open Source Content Management Introduction to Open Source Content Management Systems In this article we'll focus on how Open Source and CMS combine... server that serves up HTML to the Internet.     Open 

Open Source

Open Source web mail
Open Source web mail Open Web Mail Project Open WebMail is a webmail system based on the Neomail version 1.14 from Ernie Miller. Open WebMail... Outlook to Open WebMail.Open WebMail project is an open source effort made 

DMCA.com