Home Discussion Discuss: Mysql Find Duplicate Records

• Good queryNeomaster November 29, 2011 at 2:25 AM

This is good query and for more detail use following example: -- -- Table structure for table `employee` -- CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `employee` ( `id` int(11) DEFAULT NULL, `first_name` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL, `last_name` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL, `start_date` date DEFAULT NULL, `end_date` date DEFAULT NULL, `salary` float(8,2) DEFAULT NULL, `city` varchar(10) DEFAULT NULL, `description` varchar(15) DEFAULT NULL ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1; -- -- Dumping data for table `employee` -- INSERT INTO `employee` (`id`, `first_name`, `last_name`, `start_date`, `end_date`, `salary`, `city`, `description`) VALUES (1, 'Jason', 'Martin', '1996-07-25', '2006-07-25', 1234.56, 'Toronto', 'Programmer'), (2, 'Alison', 'Mathews', '1976-03-21', '1986-02-21', 6661.78, 'Vancouver', 'Tester'), (3, 'James', 'Smith', '1978-12-12', '1990-03-15', 6544.78, 'Vancouver', 'Tester'), (4, 'Celia', 'Rice', '1982-10-24', '1999-04-21', 2344.78, 'Vancouver', 'Manager'), (5, 'Robert', 'Black', '1984-01-15', '1998-08-08', 2334.78, 'Vancouver', 'Tester'), (6, 'Linda', 'Green', '1987-07-30', '1996-01-04', 4322.78, 'New York', 'Tester'), (7, 'David', 'Larry', '1990-12-31', '1998-02-12', 7897.78, 'New York', 'Manager'), (8, 'James', 'Cat', '1996-09-17', '2002-04-15', 1232.78, 'Vancouver', 'Tester'), (NULL, 'James', 'Cat', '2011-11-29', '2011-11-30', 30000.00, 'New Yark', 'no desc'), (NULL, 'David', 'Larry', '2011-11-01', '2011-11-30', 50000.00, 'New Yark', 'no desc'); -- -- Get duplicate from table `employee` -- SELECT * , count( * ) AS Iteration FROM employee GROUP BY first_name HAVING Iteration > 1 LIMIT 0 , 30

• Removing Duplicate RecordsVimal Raj January 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

This query is quite useful to find the duplicate records. But i need the query to delete those duplicate records. Can anyone help me out ??

• Feedbackabrightworker January 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Nice example

• Need help to find duplicate recordPrashant March 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Hi, I want to find the duplicate records from a row. I know group by clause is there, but I want to filter the records depending on some other conditions. I want to use where condition also. Please help me.

• Good postsoft July 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM

My peoblem id solved thanks

• Duplicate RecordsImmanuel November 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Is there a way I can view the records without grouping them? selecting only the repeated ones?

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
MySQL

Mysql Find Duplicate Records
Mysql Find Duplicate Records       Mysql Find Duplicate Records is used to find the duplicate Records... 'Mysql Find Duplicate Records'. To grasp and understand example, the select 

Java-Tutorials

JDBC : Duplicate records in a table
JDBC : Duplicate records in a table In this tutorial, you will learn how to find the duplicate records in a table. Duplicate records in a table : You can check for duplicate records of table. You can group record by any of fields 

Java Beginners

duplicate records inserting
duplicate records inserting  in the application i have provided... is i want to avoid duplicate values getting inserted. ex. i am inserting name shashi kumar with the same between them ,records get inserted ,now when i try 

Struts Questions

how to validate duplicate records in struts1
how to validate duplicate records in struts1  Hi, After submitting the form i have to validate the email id. If already exists in database i have to display an error message saying that email id already exist 

Struts Questions

how to validate duplicate records in struts1
how to validate duplicate records in struts1  Hi, After submitting the form i have to validate the email id. If already exists in database i have to display an error message saying that email id already exist 

SQL Question

Sql query Duplicate
. How can I find out duplicate records?   Hello Friend, We have... 3 D Delhi Then we have used the following query to find the duplicate data...'); You can use following query to find the duplicate id: select id, count(id 

Java Beginners

Need to Remove Duplicate Records from Excel Sheet
Need to Remove Duplicate Records from Excel Sheet  Need to Remove Duplicate Records from Excel Sheet. I have one excel sheet having two fields... empnum rating (without using sql query have to remove records from excel using java 

JSP Servlet Questions

how can i prevent duplicate records using servlets and MVC model?
how can i prevent duplicate records using servlets and MVC model?  hai, I need a program to insert values into database at the same time it shows error msg on response page while we are giving duplicate entry of a primary key.i 

JavaScript Questions

javascript duplicate value
javascript duplicate value  In javascript how to find the duplicate or variable that contains same value for example ...two different variables contains the same URL Link.    //To loop through use this $("a:contains 

General

Find Records of The Rows Using POI
Find Records of The Rows Using POI      In this program we are going to find records of  an excel sheet using POI3.0 API Event. The class RowRecordextends Record implements 

Java Code Examples

Remove duplicate characters from the string
Remove duplicate characters from the string In this tutorial, you will learn how to remove duplicate characters from the string. Java has provide several.... Here we are going to remove duplicate characters from the string 

JDBC Questions

how to count unique and duplicate values from one table in mysql?
how to count unique and duplicate values from one table in mysql?  I have use EMP table.I want to count unique and duplicate records from emp table and how to use in java program 

Java Beginners

sorting an array of string with duplicate values - Java Beginners
String of Array  What is mean by string of array? And how one can add, delete the records from database in string format 

Java Beginners

duplicate values
duplicate values  My database having cursor that has duplicate values.i want to remove duplicate values through java application 

Java Beginners

Need to remove duplicate rows from the Excel Sheet using the Apache POI API
Need to remove duplicate rows from the Excel Sheet using the Apache POI API   Hi There, Is any one aware of java code on how to find the duplicate rows in excel.I am using the Apache POI API to achieve the same have googled 

Java Beginners

JTable duplicate values in row
JTable duplicate values in row  JTable duplicate values in row 

Java Interview Questions

Java duplicate elements
Java duplicate elements  Which class has no duplicate elements 

General

Removing duplicate white spaces from a String
Removing duplicate white spaces from a String... of removing all the duplicate white spaces from the given string. Program Result: This program takes string from which all duplicate white spaces are removed 

PHP Questions

PHP duplicate file - PHP
PHP duplicate file   i wanted to duplicate a PHP file resides in different directory on submission 

SQL Question

Records are not inserting in to main table while running the mysql stored procedure.
Records are not inserting in to main table while running the mysql stored... that procedure records are not inserted into main table from temp table.But im getting msg... AND MODIFIEDDATE = vMODIFIEDDATE; IF duplicate_key=1 then begin 

JDBC Questions

Detecting Duplicate Keys
Detecting Duplicate Keys  Detecting Duplicate Keys I have a program that inserts rows in a table. My table has a column 'Name' that has a unique constraint. If the user attempts to insert a duplicate name into the table, I want 

Struts Questions

Duplicate name in Manifest - Struts
Duplicate name in Manifest   Hello I'm facing the following error... java.util.jar.Attributes read WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Depends-On. Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and that blank lines separate individual 

Spring Framework Questions

Spring Duplicate submit - Spring
Spring Duplicate submit  hi, i have problem in spring, i am pressing back or refresh my request get submitted again what i can do to avoid this,i am using only spring not struts 

General

Find Type of Work Book
Find Type of Work Book       In this program we are going to find type.... It is  used for the beginning of a set of records that have a particular 

SQL Question

Remove duplicate values
Remove duplicate values  i am trying to insert values into database from excel spreadsheet .am doing it using JDBC.connected both excel and sql.... q1. how can i eliminate duplicate values during insertion? please i need code 

Programming Tutorials

JavaScript duplicate string
JavaScript duplicate string...; We can create a strings duplicate string with the use of JavaScript's duplicate method. In this example code we have called the duplicate method on the text 

JavaScript Tutorial

JavaScript duplicate method
JavaScript duplicate method       JavaScript's duplicate method creates a duplicate copy of the specified text range. In this example code we have called the duplicate 

JSP-Tutorials

Find Type of Excel Sheet
Find Type of Excel Sheet       In this program we are going to find type of an excel sheet... of a set of records that have a particular purpose or subject used in sheets 

Java Beginners

sorting an array of string with duplicate values - Java Beginners
string with duplicate values  How to check the string with duplicate values 

MySQL

SQL Mode
SQL Mode       SQL Mode is a Function that returns the frequent occurring value of a numeric expression. When there are no duplicate values in the records, the mode returns NA 

DMCA.com