Home Discussion Discuss: Display Sum of Table Column Using In JSP

• PHPSudhir Kumar Pandey April 5, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Program

• Regarding error in the given tutorialvikas May 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Hello Sir, I followed ur tutorial entitled "Display Sum Of table using in jsp" but it comes out with following error while showing the total salary .any help will be heartly appreciated.Entering salary is working fine.thnx Connected to the database query select sum(emp_salary) from sumcount where date>='2012-05-01' and date<='2012-05-30' org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line: 18 in the jsp file: /result_count.jsp sumcount cannot be resolved to a variable 15: 16: <td width="100%" style="font-size:14pt;color:blue;padding-left:70px;" align="left"> <b>Total Salary From : </b> 17: <jsp:useBean id="sum" class="com.SumCountBean" scope="request"> 18: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="sumCount" value="<%=request.getAttribute(sumcount)%>"/> 19: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="sdate" value="<%=request.getAttribute(sdate)%>"/> 20: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="edate" value="<%=request.getAttribute(edate)%>"/> 21: </jsp:useBean> An error occurred at line: 19 in the jsp file: /result_count.jsp sdate cannot be resolved to a variable 16: <td width="100%" style="font-size:14pt;color:blue;padding-left:70px;" align="left"> <b>Total Salary From : </b> 17: <jsp:useBean id="sum" class="com.SumCountBean" scope="request"> 18: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="sumCount" value="<%=request.getAttribute(sumcount)%>"/> 19: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="sdate" value="<%=request.getAttribute(sdate)%>"/> 20: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="edate" value="<%=request.getAttribute(edate)%>"/> 21: </jsp:useBean> 22: An error occurred at line: 20 in the jsp file: /result_count.jsp edate cannot be resolved to a variable 17: <jsp:useBean id="sum" class="com.SumCountBean" scope="request"> 18: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="sumCount" value="<%=request.getAttribute(sumcount)%>"/> 19: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="sdate" value="<%=request.getAttribute(sdate)%>"/> 20: <jsp:setProperty name="sum" property="edate" value="<%=request.getAttribute(edate)%>"/> 21: </jsp:useBean> 22: 23: Stacktrace: at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:92) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:330) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JDTCompiler.generateClass(JDTCompiler.java:439) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:356) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:334) at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:321) at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:592) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:646) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302) at sumcount.doPost(sumcount.java:45) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:877) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11AprProtocol.java:594) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1675) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

• databaseinayat December 17, 2012 at 2:02 AM

hello sir..i need the db for this application..plz provide db asap thanks

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
JSP Tutorials

Display Sum of Table Column Using In JSP
Display Sum of Table Column Using In JSP... an application to Display the sum data of a Table column for a specific Date. We... the total salary between two specific date and result is display using Jsp 

JDBC

Sum of Column in a Database Table
Sum of Column in a Database Table   ... to calculate the sum of specific column in database table. Here is the code of program... of specific column data in the database table. Consider an example of any 

Java Beginners

sum of all values in a column of jtable
sum of all values in a column of jtable  hey everyone, is there a code to display the sum of all values in a column of a jtable namely CARTtbl in a jabel without using a button,and the sum will change when an item is added 

JSP Servlet Questions

Sum - JSP-Servlet
the total sum of items from database using Java servlet or Jsp and html form. It should display the affected rows and the total sum of all in a seperate column. Please the database I'm using is Microsoft Sql 2000 not MYSQL. Thank you all 

SQL Question

Altering a Column name in a table
Altering a Column name in a table  how to alter column name in MSSQL server 2005 the codesample given using "change" keyword alter table tablename change oldcolumnname to newcolumnname is not working 

Hibernate Questions

sum and avg function using HQL.
sum and avg function using HQL.  How to use sum and avg function in HQL?   HQL supports many aggregate functions. Sum and avg are some of them. sum() function returns summation of specified field in the table 

Java Beginners

sum database column
sum database column  please i have two columns-col1 and col2, col1... 3 Soap 4 how will i query the database to sum the Items and display output so that it will be like this col1 col2 Key 7 Soap 9 

Programming Tutorials

JavaScript Hide Table Column
; In this section, we are going to hide a table column using JavaScript... JavaScript Hide Table Column... grabs the table reference and then retrieve all the rows by using 

JSP Tutorials

Get Column names using Metadata in jsp
Get Column names using Metadata in jsp   ... from the database using metadata in jsp.  Here we are providing you an example that retrieves all column names from a database table student1. Create 

Servlets

How to add a column in a table
How to add a column in a table   ... have to add a new column to our database by using the java program... column in the database table.  To get the desired result firstly we need 

Java-Tutorials

column count using metadata
GET COLUMN COUNT USING "RESULTSETMETADATA"   In this program ,we will get column count using "resultsetmetadata ".Using resultset interface and metadata interface ,we can get properties of column 

JDBC

Change Column Name of a Table
Change Column Name of a Table   ... for renaming a column name in a database table. As we know that each table keeps contents in rows and column format. While making a table we specify the name 

Java-Tutorials

Deleting row and column from a table
Deleting row and column from a table  In this program ,we delete row and column of a table. First we create connection to a database using... " keyword and also can delete column using "Alter" table commands 

SQL Tutorial

SQL Aggregate Sum
that is used to compute sum of the numeric field in a table. Understand... you the records from table 'Stu_Table'. The 'sum(marks)' in the select... SQL Aggregate Sum       

JSP Servlet Questions

How to Sort Column values of a jsp table - JSP-Servlet
How to Sort Column values of a jsp table  Hi Friend Please help me. I am displaying reultset values on multiple jsp page. I want to sort selected column values on every page onclick of an event its very urgent pleasehelp 

Programming Tutorials

SQL Aggregate Sum
to compute sum of the numeric field in a table. Understand with Example... The given below Query display you the records from table 'Stu_Table...-set by column name'stu_id'. select stu_id, stu_name, sum(marks 

MySQL

Rename column name of table using DBCP

JDBC

Delete a Column from a Database Table
Delete a Column from a Database Table   ... to delete a column from a database table. We are not going to create a new table into, and we are expecting that you can make a table yourself. We are using 

JSP Servlet Questions

How to add a column with checkboxes for each record in my table in JSP
How to add a column with checkboxes for each record in my table in JSP   Hi, Could you please explain it to me how I can add a column with check boxes for each record in my table in JSP? Also, I want to figure out a way 

Programming Tutorials

Add new column to table using DBCP

JSP Servlet Questions

Column select
Column select   How i fetch Experience wise resume?   Create a column experience which consist of only two values either yes or no. Then using the query select * from resumes where experience='yes', fetch all the data 

SQL Tutorial

SQL Alter Column Name
example on SQL Alter Column Name. In this Example, create a table 'Stu_Table...:  Alter table table_name change old_column_name new_column..._Table'. The change keyword change the column name of  Stu_Id to Id 

JDBC

Remove Unique Column in Database Table
Remove Unique Column in Database Table   ... unique field of the particular column in a database table.  We know... that it will take a table name and column name from which we want to remove the unique key 

SQL Tutorial

MySQL Add Column
table. The table structure can be changed using 'Alter table' query. You can now add the new column  in a table using add  keyword in the query... the example, lets see all the columns and its values from table employee using 

JSP Servlet Questions

jsf table
: Display Database data in JSF table Thanks...jsf table  hi, my question is as follows : i am using front end as jsp and back end as mysql. I have a database named as mydatabase.it contains 

Java Beginners

Sum of seris
Sum of seris  Program to find the sum of the following series using a function declaration. sum=x-(xxx)/3!+(xxxxx)/5!-(xxxxxxx)/7!+.....(xx....x)/n!. Where n and x are entered from the keyboard 

JPA

Delete a column
; In this section, you will learn how to delete a column from database table using jpa. You need the following artifacts: Database table: student Model...: ALTER TABLE Student DROP sroll Column is deleted successfully 

JSP-Tutorials

Shorting Table View By Column Name
Shorting Table View By Column Name This tutorial explains how to shorting table view by column name from the database in JSP and Servlet. This example... shorting  table view by column name. The code of "userdetails.jsp 

Hibernate Questions

Using sum() in hibernate criteria.
Using sum() in hibernate criteria.  How to calculate sum() in hibernate criteria by using projection?   You can calculate sum of any numeric value in hibernate criteria by using projection. Projection is an interface 

Database-Tutorials

Display the column name using DBCP

DMCA.com