Home Discussion Discuss: Getting Previous, Current and Next Day Date

• be very careful with int type for MILLIS_IN_DAYmarko February 28, 2012 at 6:21 PM

it would be better to declare MILLIS_IN_DAY as long because if the above code gets used to calculate couple of days in the past i.e. int numberOfDays = 40; dateFormat.format(date.getTime() - MILLIS_IN_DAY * numberOfDays ); if the numberOfDays is greater than 24 days, milliceconds will be added not subtracted because of the overflow

• Getting Previous, Current and Next Day DateIndu May 28, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The code shown is not getting complied. The reason is, it is passing date.getTime() to java.text.DateFormatter.formate method and formate method should take Date object.But here date.getTime() will return Long Object. Please do it correct accordingly .

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Beginners

Output Previous or Next Day of the Month
or previous day: The program should output the next day's or previous day's date... sequence of: Enter todays date(1-30): 30 Do you want the next or previous day...Output Previous or Next Day of the Month   Please Help! I need 

General

Getting Previous, Current and Next Day Date
Getting Previous, Current and Next Day Date   ... previous, current and next date in java. The java util package provides... the previous, current and next date to Date() constructor of java.util package 

Date Calendar

Find whether a date will be in the current quarter or the next quarter
Find whether a date will be in the current quarter or the next quarter  ... whether the day I have selected will be on the current quarter or in the next... box with values(1,2,3) , Day of the month in list box with values (Date as 1 

Java Interview Questions

Date Next and Previous - Java Interview Questions
Date Next and Previous  In the example given here, DATE is displayed in DD/MM/YYYY format. Can anybody send me the code for getting DATE in MM/DD...(String[] args){ try { String str_date="04/04/2008"; DateFormat 

SQL Tutorial

Mysql Date Previous Month
Mysql Date Previous Month       Mysql Date Previous Month is used to return the current and previous...) Query for finding Previous month:- Once you are able to find the current month 

General

Java get Next Day
Java get Next Day       In this section, you will study how to get the next day in java...() provide the string of days of week. To get the current day, we have used 

Programming Tutorials

Implementation of Day Class
the day. 3) Return the day. 4) Return the next day. 5) Return the previous day. 6) Calculate and return the day by adding certain days to the current day.For...******* Set day: Sunday Next day: Monday Previous Day: Sunday 

PHP Questions

next and previous record in php
next and previous record in php  How to display next and previous records in PHP 

Java-Tutorials

Determining the Day-of-Week for a Particular Date
Determining the Day-of-Week for a Particular Date       This section simply show the current day in word i.e. the Day of Week for a particular date. Here, you can learn about the way 

JavaScript Questions

javascript current date and time.
with current day,date,time and GMT.You can have your own format.... getSeconds() shows current seconds. After getting date ,month ,year...javascript current date and time.  How can we display current date 

iPhone

Current Date iPhone SDK
;]; In this example, we aims to print the current day, current Date and first...Current Date iPhone SDK In this example, you'll find out how to get current date & day in iPhone SDK. We'll also write a method to print the day and date 

PHP Questions

how to make previous and next Button Display Data in php
how to make previous and next Button Display Data in php  <?php...; } else { if($submit=='Next Question' && isset($ans... ""; datedefaulttimezone_set("Asia/Kolkata"); echo date('d/m/Y H:i:s'); //Returns 

JSP Servlet Questions

NEXT and PREVIOUS Records - JSP-Servlet
NEXT and PREVIOUS Records  Dear Sir, In my Project i have next... requirement next,previous buttons should be placed at top of the page as well. For Example: Previous Next sid sname addr 1 

PHP Questions

PHP Previous Next Page - PHP
PHP Previous Next Page  PHP Previous Next PageIs it possible to create dynamic navigation using PHP and MYSQL? DO I need to create a class to create the next, previous buttons in PHP? I?m digging for a small as well as handy code 

PHP Tutorial

PHP Date add 1 day
PHP Date add 1 day This simple code will tell you how you can easily add 1 day to a date.  Example code for PHP Date add 1 day: <?php $todayDate = date("Y-m-d");// current date echo "Today: " 

Java-Tutorials

Getting the current date
Getting the current date     ... the current date in the proper format (Day/Month/Year). This program shows the current date by using the various methods and fields of the Calendar class 

Date Calendar

How to display current date in textbox - Date Calendar
How to display current date in textbox  Hi guys, I'm really need your... Date(); var month = currentTime.getMonth() + 1; var day...(); document.forms[0].date_stamp.value = day + "-" + month + "-" + year 

Tutorials

Iphone Show Current Date & Time
Iphone Show Current Date & Time In the previous examples, we have printed current date and time separately in iphone simulator. But in this example we.... The code is almost same...as in the previous current date example. The only 

Java-Tutorials

Java Find Next Date Example
Java Find Next Date Example In this example we will discuss about how to find the next date of the input date. This example explains you about how to display the next date of input date. This tutorial explains you all the steps 

Java Code Examples

Java date add day
to add few days to current date and return the date of that day. For this, we have created a calendar instance and get a date to represent the current date...Java date add day In this tutorial, you will learn how to add days to date 

Java Beginners

updated with current date n time
updated with current date n time  package LvFrm; import...; //for date month year entry String strD[]={"Day","1","2","3","4","5...); panel2.setBorder(b2); frm.add(panel2); /*for date entry 

Java Beginners

date format to be updated with current date time
date format to be updated with current date time  package LvFrm...; JButton b1,b2; //for date month year entry String strD[]={"Day","1...); /*for date entry & adding date into panel 2 also addind panel 

J2ME

J2ME Current Date And Time
J2ME Current Date And Time     ... the current date and time on the screen. Like core Java J2ME too use the same  java.util package to show the current date as well as current time on the screen 

Java Tips and Examples

Find the Day of the Week
; This example finds the specified date of  an year and a day... object whose time fields have been initialized with the current date and time... time zone, locale and current time. The fields used:  DAY_OF_WEEK 

Java Tips and Examples

Find Day of Month
are initialized with the current date and time. The methods used: getTime(): This method... the week number within the current month. DAY_OF_WEEK: This field gets and set... Find Day of Month       

Java Beginners

Day for the given Date in Java
Day for the given Date in Java  How can i get the day for the user..."); String day=f.format(date); System.out.println(day...("Enter date(1-31):"); int dd=input.nextInt(); System.out.println("Enter 

Tutorials

iPhone Current Date, iPhone Current Date Application
; In this wesynthesize variable and also to display current date we use Stringwhich isdeclared in NSDateFormatter and isallocated and next is thestyle format    ... to display current dateon label by using Window based application. Creating 

General

Get first day of week
; week in Java. As we know that GregorianCalendar provides the current date, month...: The following program helps us in getting the first day of the week. For getting first day we need an object of GragorianCalendar. With the help of this we 

MySQL

Mysql Date Minus Days
subtracting 2 day from current date:- The given below Query return you the date after subtracting 2 day from current date.  mysql> select...; The Tutorial cover on Mysql Date Minus Days return you the day after 

General

Get Last Day of The Month
for this field, given the current date and store its value int variable max day... and a set of integer fields such as YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOUR.. A Date object ... a code that helps you in getting the last day of the month. For this we have 

DMCA.com