Home Discussion Discuss: JSF Installation on Tomcat

• hello.jsf should be hello.jspKalle Anka September 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I got an error saying tomcat couldnt find hello.jsp. Solutions> Just change the filename for hello.jsf to hello.jsp. This may sound strange but this is how jsf works per default and it is a consequence of implementing jsf on top on the servlet technology. The .jsf is mapped to the file extension .jsp. I got this information from the book Core JavaServer Faces, second edition on page 13.

• Now workingKaranvivek November 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Tried all the above mentioned steps, but at the end result that I am getting is HTTP Status 404 - /JSFwebApp/hello.jsp ------------------------------------------------------------ type Status report message /JSFwebApp/hello.jsp description The requested resource (/JSFwebApp/hello.jsp) is not available. It seems like instead of jsf page is redirecting to jsp.

• Code ErrorBerg April 19, 2012 at 9:51 PM

the hello file should be a jsp not a jsf. The download has the file named properly but both index.jsp files call hello.jsf which will not work.

• GreatOgnyan Zhelezov May 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Great, this is very usefull example. I have downloaded .zip file from the last link an put it in Tomcat's webapps directory. It works!

• reportHanuman June 23, 2012 at 12:26 PM

your application is not working in apache tom cat 4.0....

• tom catvinu July 9, 2012 at 9:20 PM

super

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Beginners

tomcat installation - Java Beginners
tomcat installation  How to install the apache-tomact server on my..., To install the tomcat server,please visit the following link: http://www.roseindia.net/web-application-server/tomcat/install-configure.shtml Then set 

Java Beginners

tomcat installation - Java Beginners
tomcat installation  i am unable to run tomcat6.0 , can you give me a step by step procedure to instal it , the error shown is :the specified...://www.roseindia.net/web-application-server/tomcat/install-configure.shtml 

JSP Servlet Questions

Tomcat installation problem - JSP-Servlet
Tomcat installation problem   Hello I have installed Tomcat... tomcat homepage "http://localhost:8000/"..I am awaiting for response..Thanks...:\apache-tomcat-6.0.16; 2) Put the servlet-api.jar into lib folder of apache tomcat 

Hibernate Interview Questions

Tomcat installation problem - Hibernate Interview Questions
Tomcat installation problem   Hello 

Design concepts & design patterns Questions

TOMCAT INSTALLATION ERROR - Design concepts & design patterns
TOMCAT INSTALLATION ERROR  I HAD INSTALL APACHE TOMCAT 5.5...ALSO SET..., It seems that you haven't installed Tomcat properly.We are providing you a link,visit it.Here you will get the steps to install tomcat. http 

IDE Questions

tomact installation
tomact installation  how to connect tomcat to eclipse IDE.. if i run the program it's showing could not load the tomcat server configuration at \servers\tomcatv5.5.. what should i do 

IDE Questions

installation problem - IDE Questions
installation problem  A configuratio error occured during startup.please verify the performance field with the prompt:Tomcat JDK name This is error i s coming while running project in myeclipse 

WebSevices Questions

Apache axis2 installation
Apache axis2 installation  I have installed Apache tomcat for **axis2** Installation. But the downloaded tomcat 7.0 exe bin file, it can have... to recover this problem in Apache tomcat 

JSP Servlet Questions

Tomcat Server
Tomcat Server  Why my tomcat server installation stop at using:jvm c:\program files\java\jdk 1.6.0\bin\client\jvm.dll. Even though i trying to install several times. please help me....   Installing Tomcat Server 

Maven 2

Deployment in Tomcat 6.0
;ARTIFACTORY_INSTALLATION _FOLDER>/webapp? to ?<TOMCAT_INSTALLATION... installation folder location during Tomcat startup and artifactory does all the rest task... Tomcat by specifying  the installation folder to the Java Options 

WebSevices Questions

Tomcat.... - WebSevices
Tomcat....  Hi i am using tomcat5.0 & jdk1.5.The installation directories are as: C:\Tomcat5.0 & C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12   Suggession: Restart tomcat server and then try again. Before that check 

JSF Tutorials & Examples

JSF Installation on Tomcat
JSF Installation on Tomcat        ... and jsp 2.1 complaint container. So, to install and test JSF 1.2 we will use Tomcat 6.0 which is JSF 1.2 complaint container. We will download Tomcat 6.0, JSTL 

Free Programming books

Tomcat Books
through the installation of a Java virtual machine and Tomcat on Windows and Linux... Tomcat Books         The Definitive Guide for Tomcat Tomcat: The Definitive Guide offers 

JSP Interview Questions

server installation problam - JSP-Interview Questions
server installation problam  hello sir my system operating system is vista and I installed tomcat server5.5 but I got the problam plz tell me how to install tomcat webserver and how set the path in environment varibles.  

Java Server Faces Questions

installation error - Java Server Faces Questions
installation error  when i m installing tomcat after jre phase it is giving an error as jvm not found.even i have set the path and java_home variable... http://www.roseindia.net/quickguide/tomcat/tomcatintroduction.shtml Thanks 

Eclipse Plugins

Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher Plugin
Sysdeo Tomcat Launcher Plugin   ... Tomcat 4.x, 5.x and 6.x Registering Tomcat process to Eclipse...) Adding Java Projects to Tomcat classpath Setting Tomcat JVM 

JDK 6 Tutorials

Installing JSF 1.1 in TOMCAT 5.5.23
installation of JSF 1.1 to TOMCAT 5.5.23. Java Server Faces (JSF) requires some...Installing JSF 1.1 in TOMCAT 5.5.23   ... comfortable installing the tomcat. There is nothing much to do to install JSF if you 

JSP Servlet Questions

tomcat problem - JSP-Servlet
tomcat problem  Hi! Rose India Team, I am unable to install the tomcat server. It stops at this stage during installation .......c:\program files... installed several times and worked successfully on tomcat but this time it stops 

JSP Servlet Questions

ecclipse_tomcat - JSP-Servlet
Tomcat installation directory on clicking browse button.(In my case is :D:\Program... have java also installed.. How can I configure Tomcat for ecclipse...For running a small applcation..  Procedure to configure Tomcat in eclipse Go 

Web Services

How to install and Configure the Tomcat Server
and configuration process for Tomcat 6.0.10 are illustrated below: Step 1: Installation... folder for tomcat during the installation process. Now we can configure the other... How to install and Configure the Tomcat Server   

Eclipse Plugins

Tomcat For Eclipse
Tomcat For Eclipse   ... of your eclipse installation   How To Use It: Create a java project In the java project properties select 'Tomcat 

WebSevices Questions

TOMCAT
TOMCAT  how can we deploy the project in Apache Tomcat 

Java Beginners

Tomcat
Tomcat  I am using UBUNTU and I want to install tomcat to run servlet programs 

WebSevices Questions

Tomcat
Tomcat  to run one application in tomcat server which files we need.i think jsp,xml,html is sufficient 

Development process Questions

tomcat
tomcat  Is it necessary to restart the server if we change the JDK path in tomcat server?   Yes, Thanks   Yes, Thanks 

Tomcat
Tomcat  send me one simple project application how can we deploy the project in tomcat where we can store the html and Jsp ad Java, XML files in the tomcat web apps folder. the following structure is correct or not Tomcat-web 

Java Beginners

tomcat
the following links: http://www.roseindia.net/quickguide/tomcat/tomcatdownloadinstall.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/web-application-server/tomcat/install 

Tomcat
Tomcat  When i want to run the servlet program in tomcat i got the following errors type Status report message Servlet InsertServlet is not available description The requested resource (Servlet InsertServlet is not available 

Tomcat
type in the url path of the tomcat to see the output 

JSP Servlet Questions

Tomcat
Tomcat  i have a problem in starting tomcat server.. May 12, 2011 12... resolving reference java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Workspace\conf\tomcat... Global JNDI Resources javax.naming.NamingException: D:\Workspace\conf\tomcat 

DMCA.com