Home Discussion Discuss: Checking whether a year is leap or not

• wrong programVajrala Rama Rao June 25, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Please verify your program. Logic Is Incorrect.

• Wrong LogicNaresh September 13, 2011 at 7:01 PM

Logic has to be if((year % 400 == 0) || ((year % 4 == 0) && (year % 100 != 0))) System.out.println("Year " + year + " is a leap year"); else System.out.println("Year " + year + " is not a leap year");

• Bugneeraj September 27, 2011 at 5:06 PM

this is wrong.....Because 100 is not a leap year Correct logic is if(year%400 ==0 || (year%100 != 0 && year%4 == 0)) { printf("Year %d is a leap year",year); }

• java Program to find a given year is leap or not? Dinesh November 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM

import java.util.Scanner; public class LeapYearOrNot { public static void main(String[] args) { int n; System.out.println("Enter the year"); Scanner sc = new Scanner(System.in); n = sc.nextInt(); if (n%4 == 0 && n%100!=0||n%400==0) { System.out.println("The given year is a leap year"); } else { System.out.println("This is not a leap year"); } } }

• hi,Dni November 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM

hi very thankful to u bcz by this prog i got an idea..

• leap yeardinesh kumar girare March 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

the logic of leap year if(year%4==0) is perfectly not a correct logic so change these correct logic if((year%4==0)&&year%100!=0) { System.out.println("leap year"); } else { if((year%4==0)&&(year%400==0)&&(year%100==0) System.out.println("leap year"); else System.out.println("not leap year"); } } so thanks

• javabrycool September 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM

how to create the leap year program in java

• The same modified with users own input.Pritam Patra November 25, 2012 at 2:03 AM

package prix; import java.util.Scanner; public class LeapYear { public static void main(String[] args) { Scanner scanner = new Scanner(System.in); System.out.println("Enter the year : "); int n = scanner.nextInt(); if (n%4==0){ System.out.println("Congratz! This is a leap year"); } else{ System.out.println("This is not a leap year"); } } }

• java programrishipalyadav December 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

java program not find intheweb

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Tips and Examples

Checking whether a year is leap or not
Checking whether a year is leap or not   ... for checking whether a year is a leap year or not. Here, we have taken the year 2000. So...;if else" condition. As we know leap year is divided by the integer 4 and so 

Java Beginners

java leap year
whether itis a leap year. Aleap year is an integer greater than 1584...(); if (year.isLeapYear(y)){ System.out.println("It is a leap year."); } else{ System.out.println("It is not a leap year 

Java-Tutorials

Determining If a Year is a Leap Year in Java
that is the leap year. This section determines whether the given year is leap year... Determining If a Year is a Leap Year in Java       Leap Year: Leap Year is the year contains 

Java Beginners

leap year
leap year  how to create class for leap year. It is leap year...(); if (year.isLeapYear(y)){ System.out.println("It is a leap year."); } else{ System.out.println("It is not a leap year."); } } } Thanks 

Java Beginners

leap
leap   Check the given year for leap year (Test Case: 2010, 2012 , 1900 

Java Beginners

Java Leap Year Problem
Java Leap Year Problem  I need help with a writing a program in Java that creates a class Year that contains a data field that holds the number of months in a year and the number of days in a year. It should include a get method 

Java Beginners

leap year logic - Java Beginners
leap year logic  hi frds.. can u give me logic for leap year..  Hi Friend, Please visit the following link: http://www.roseindia.net/java/beginners/Leapyear.shtml Thanks 

General

Calendar
of the Gregoriancalendar class and also checking whether the year is leap or not and printing... format of the days for this month. We are also checking whether the year is leap or not. Description of program:  In the given example first we 

Java Tips and Examples

Listing out leap years between certain period
.  As we know a leap year is divisible by 4, define an integer l=n%4. So if 'n' is divisible by 4 or l=0, then the particular year can be a leap year. For checking this, apply the if statement and if this satisfies then, the year 

WebSevices Questions

help regarding creation of last year project
help regarding creation of last year project  i dont know whether i picked up the right category or not. actually m a last year bsc it student. i want to develop a website I-NAVIGATOR like the m-indicator mobile app. i want 

Mobile Applications Questions

wrong year
wrong year..   I think u are using other calendar Check Settings 

Java Beginners

How to calculate days in a year
How to calculate days in a year  Hi, How to calculate no of days in a year? I want a program that calculates no of days in a year by specifying year... of calculating days in a year? Thanks 

Java Beginners

java program - Java Beginners
java program  program to find whether the given year is a LEAP YEAR or not?  Hello, Try the following code to check whether the year is leap year or not. public class CheckLeapYear { public static void 

SQL Tutorial

Mysql Date Get Year
Mysql Date Get Year       Mysql Date Get Year is the way of retrieving the current year... Year'. To understand and grasp this example, we use the following syntax 

MySQL

Mysql Year of Date
Mysql Year of Date       Mysql Year of Date is used to return the current year of the table in database. Understand with Example The Tutorial illustrate an example from 'Mysql Year 

Java Beginners

name of year in chinese
name of year in chinese   hello my name kiemtheng i'm come from Cambodia, i would to write java programming to calculate a name of year for each... out put . Enter day of birth: 02 Enter month of birth: 10 Enter year of birth 

SQL Tutorial

Mysql Date Add Year
Mysql Date Add Year       Mysql Date Add Year explains to add the year to the particular... 'Mysql Date Add Year'. To graspe this example, we use Add('2008-12-15',INTERVAL 1 

Java Beginners

name of year in chinese
name of year in chinese   hello my name kiemtheng i'm come from Cambodia, i would to write java programming to calculate a name of year for each birthday in Chinese but i dont know how to do.   import java.util. 

JSP Servlet Questions

JSP Financial Year Table
JSP Financial Year Table  Im trying to design a financial year table...wherein the user enters the data in the table and the same is updated in backend.i have successfully desinged the page but i have certain doubts in jsp 

Java Beginners

pava program - Java Beginners
pava program  program to display whether the given year is LEAP YEAR... % 100 != 0) { System.out.println(year + " is a Leap year...) { System.out.println(year + " is a Leap year."); } // It is Divisible 

JDBC Questions

How to check whether database exists?
How to check whether database exists?  Hi, I have to create a database in mysql. I am able to create that successfully from using JDBC. But before to creating the database, i want to check whether database exists or not? How can 

Java Beginners

Checking the decimal whether comma used or not
Checking the decimal whether comma used or not  I need to check the given integer whther comma used or not. For example. If the user given 123456 The output should be like 123,456 If the user given 123,456 The output should 

Java Code Examples

Check whether the number is palindrome or not
Check whether the number is palindrome or not A palindrome is a word, phrase, number or other sequence of units that can be read the same way in either direction. Here we are going to check whether the number entered by the user 

PHP Questions

How to Addding 1 Year with PHP
How to Addding 1 Year with PHP  Hi, I am very fresh in PHP language. I trying to create a small application about how to adding 1 year in specific date. Please suggest me. Thanks 

General

End of Year Puzzle

Java Beginners

Java converts any given year to Roman Numeral
Java converts any given year to Roman Numeral  Write a program that converts any given year to Roman Numeral 

Java Beginners

Add year to Date without using Calendar in java
Add year to Date without using Calendar in java  how could i add a year to a date function without using calendar functions 

Java-Tutorials

JDBC : Get year from Date
JDBC : Get year from Date In this section, you will learn how to get year from date. Get year from Date : In MySql you can get year from the given Date by using year() function.  YEAR(date) : This method returns the year 

General

Java get Year
Java get Year       In this section, you will learn how to obtain the current year. The Calendar.... The method cal.get(Calendar.YEAR) will return the current year. Here 

Date Calendar

Find whether a date will be in the current quarter or the next quarter
Find whether a date will be in the current quarter or the next quarter   I have a date - example - 22-09-2012(start date) I have to find my end date... whether the day I have selected will be on the current quarter or in the next 

DMCA.com