Home Discussion Discuss: Open Source DBMS

• ZHNkNEqeCkRAsder March 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Actually, if you read their bios about half of the contributors to that blog are in smeawoy involved with Vertica.I don't feel like he was trying to say that Vertica was a one size fits all system. It sounded to me like he was pushing the fact that it was very specifically catered to data warehousing, and that similar solutions could likely be crafted for various other applications that would, due to their custom tuning and design, would be better suited than Oracle, DB2, and even MySQL. And I'd guess that this is likely the case. I agree, certainly, that with the pluggable storage engine architecture MySQL comes closest to accommodating a wide variety of applications with great flexibility. But the fact is that in most any situation, the more specifically you write your system to handle one specific area, the better it will perform (assuming you know what you're doing, of course).

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
HTML Questions

DBMS

SQL Question

DBMS

SQL Question

DBMS

SQL Question

DBMS

Design concepts & design patterns Questions

dbms

Java Magazine Questions

dbms

SQL Question

DBMS

JDBC Questions

DBMS

OpenSourceSoftware

Open Source DBMS
Open Source DBMS Open Source Database Management Systems The rapid... of its adopters.    Open source DBMS vendors Like other... features and functionality.     Open-source MySQL DBMS adds 

Database-Tutorials

Database Management System (DBMS)
to be integrated with them. For this DBMS software comes with an Open Database... by E. F. Codd, which is the most popular commercial and open source databases now... websites. The open source community has created a new wave of enthusiasm 

SQL Question

Keys in DBMS

SQL Question

DBMs - SQL

SQL Question

Advance DBMS

SQL Question

dbms - SQL

JDBC Questions

Isolation level is used by the DBMS.
Isolation level is used by the DBMS.  What isolation level is used by the DBMS when inserting, updating and selecting rows from a database 

SQL Question

Advanced DBMS questions
Advanced DBMS questions   Five company/organization that involves in SQL Server database migration. what is the Transaction Recovery Method. What does Cloud Computing contributes in the RDBMS? Importance 

JDBC Questions

the isolation levels supported by my DBMS
the isolation levels supported by my DBMS  How can I determine the isolation levels supported by my DBMS 

General

Ask DBMS Questions online
Ask DBMS Questions online       DBMS stands for Data Base Management System (DBMS) is a set of computer programs that controls the creation, organization 

Spring Framework Questions

dbms_change_notification new_reg_start
dbms_change_notification new_reg_start  Please explain it "dbmschangenotification newregstart" Thanks in advance 

Struts Questions

source
source  how to pass the morethan one fields from one page to another page in struts1.2? i am using tchnologies are struts1.2 oracle 10g myecllipse 8.6 so please post the exact source code to support the above technologies 

OpenSourceSoftware

Open Source Templatess
Open Source Templatess Open Source Templates Open Source....     A designer?s nightmare Open source templates The first thing that ?open source? brings to mind is free software. Mozilla Firefox, Linux 

JDBC Questions

use JDBC to execute non-standard features that my DBMS provides.
use JDBC to execute non-standard features that my DBMS provides.  Can I use JDBC to execute non-standard features that my DBMS provides 

Security Questions

pls answer - Security
pls answer  what are the difference of open source dbms and proprietary dbms 

OpenSourceSoftware

MySql Open Source
of databases and tables.     Open-source MySQL DBMS...MySql Open Source MySQL Open Source License MySQL is free use for those.... Under the Open Source License, you must release the complete source code 

Database-Tutorials

Database Management System (DBMS)

HTML Questions

Source code
Source code  source code of html to create a user login page 

Struts Questions

source code
source code  sir...i need an online shopping web application on struts and jdbc....could u pls send me the source code 

Struts Questions

source code
source code  sir...i need an online shopping web application on struts and jdbc....could u pls send me the source code 

JSP Servlet Questions

source code
source code  hellow!i am developing a web portal in which i need to set dialy,weekly,monthly reminers so please give me source code in jsp 

Struts Questions

source code
source code  how to get the fields from one page to another page in struts by using JSTL 

DMCA.com