Home Discussion Discuss: Convert a Character into the ASCII Format

• ssss December 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Nice Program on ascii

• java shiva narayana August 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM

i have these in my ascii array int ascii[]={'0','9','79','128','48','1','246','0','12','255','0','78','1','0','56','78','246','255','13','28','133','1','255','246','28','127','33','94','199','8','255','94','99','255','16','161','56','198','255','161','9','254','128','226','122','114','255','9','1','254','0','12','1','0','227','0','0','8','128','78','1','48','246','0'}; but while converting them to character for(int i=0;i<64;i++){ char c2 = (char) ascii[i]; ciphdata = ciphdata + c2; } i get result as 84 bit characters "**the problem is with array values it doesn't display character values between 0-32 ascii range values**" please help me out of this

• javashiva narayana August 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM

what about conversion of ascii to character if ascii= ( 0 - 32 ) range then we dont get any output please help me out!

• char to ASCIIAasif Ali July 26, 2013 at 1:41 AM

thanx alot for the post...

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Tips and Examples

Convert a Character into the ASCII Format
Convert a Character into the ASCII Format   ... a character data into the ASCII format. The java.lang package provides the functionality to convert the  character data into the ASCII format Description 

MySQL

MySQL ASCII
MySQL ASCII This example illustrates how to use the ASCII character set. The ASCII Returns the numeric value of the leftmost character of the string. It returns 0 if str is the empty string. Returns NULL if str is NULL. ASCII() works 

Java Beginners

How to convert EBCDIC format value into ASCII format value in java
How to convert EBCDIC format value into ASCII format value in java  how to convert EBCDIC data format into ASCII format data using java Use Case:I my file contains ASCII format values as well as EBCDIC format values.I need 

General

Get Ascii Value
Get Ascii Value       To print ascii value of a character this is the the simplest way to change the type a character. Here in the example given below we will select 

Java Beginners

character literal in octal format
character literal in octal format  class EscapeSequence1 { public...;>> EscapeSequence1.java:6: error: unclosed character literal char... ^ EscapeSequence1.java:6: error: unclosed character literal char ch2 

Security Questions

Sample code for An ASCII Encryption and Decryption code in C-language only.
message. Each character has a number in the ASCII chart. The messages stored in a file should be in the corresponding ASCII format. And if it?s a word, concatenate... in ASCII format and only in C (NOT EVEN C++). Thank you.Please if possible post 

JSP Tutorials

ASCII values table
ASCII values table          ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. Computers can only understand numbers, so an ASCII 

MySQL

MySQL ASCII Function
MySQL ASCII Function This example illustrates how to find the ASCII value of a string. In this example we find the ASCII value of name field from emp table. ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) is used to built 

Programming Tutorials

Convert ASCII to string
Description: This tutorial demonstrate how to convert ASCII to string .  Code: public class IntToChar{   ...; String aChar = new Character((char) i).toString 

Technology What is?

What is ASCII?
character sets. Nowadays Unicode character set is replacing ASCII code very rapidly... What is ASCII?       ASCII, the abbreviation of  the American Standard Code for Information 

Programming Tutorials

Convert String to unicode and ascii
;   System.out.println("Ascii Format):" + ascii...Description: This example demonstrate how to convert the general string to unicode and ascii type Code: import java.net.IDN 

Java Beginners

ascii to thai language conversion - Java Beginners
ascii to thai language conversion  I have a string in ascii format like \u0042\u00072 ..., It was converted from thai language. How can i convert... guidelines regarding this? ASCII to native language(Thailand thai language)   

Java Beginners

Wrapper Character class.
Wrapper Character class.  How do the methods 'isIndentifierIgnorable(ch)' and 'isISOControl(ch)' work?? while workin with 'Character' wrapper class...: This method returns true if the character may be part of a Unicode identifier; false 

Java Beginners

Character encoding problem with chinese language
Character encoding problem with chinese language  I have a issue with characters in chinese locale in java. Iam using eclipse IDE My code... formattedDate = new SimpleDateFormat("dd MMMM yyyy",Locale.CHINESE).format 

Java-Tutorials

Java I/O Character Streams
format to and from the local character set. In Java to facilitate...Java I/O Character Streams In this section we will discuss the I/O Character Streams. Character streams works with the characters rather than the byte 

Java Tips and Examples

Convert Decimal To Character
Convert Decimal To Character     .... In this example, we are going to convert decimal number to its corresponding character... to convert the decimal into the corresponding character.. Here is the code 

Java Beginners

format

Java Beginners

Format

Java Beginners

converting binary text to ascii readable text
converting binary text to ascii readable text  is there a way to read binary txt file and write them as ascii readable text files 

Programming Tutorials

Convert integer to ASCII

General

Display String in Circular Format in Java
'WORD'. Now we have to shift each character of the string in the circular format. So we have created following method that will shift each character to left...Display String in Circular Format in Java In this section, you will learn how 

Java Beginners

Character Class
Character Class  Character defines the forDigit();,digit()methods..how can these b used and wht is radix point signifies here...in the arguments of these two???..pls answer a code on this with radix .. are these methods also 

Java Tips and Examples

Convert Character into a String
Convert Character into a String   ... the functionality to convert a character into a string.  Code Description: This program takes a character at the console and converts it into a string format using 

Java Beginners

Character class
Character class   Character defines the forDigit();,digit()methods..how can these b used and wht does radix point signify here.i want to knw what basically radix is??here in the arguments of these two???because i tried runnin 

SQL Question

underscore as character
underscore as character  how can i consider _ as a character instead of wildcard character? my problem is like this i have 20 records as follows manohar 1234455 manohar 453635 manohar 345454 manohar_1234455 now when i am 

Java Interview Questions

How to convert entity character to html character
How to convert entity character to html character  How to convert entity character to html character 

Java Beginners

How to convert entity character to html character
How to convert entity character to html character  Please help me to "convert entity character to html character" in java. If possible please provide source code which take String as input and return as String 

PHP Questions

replace character in php
replace character in php  PHP script that replace character 

Java Beginners

image format
image format  what are the different format available in image 

Java Beginners

image format
image format  what are the different format available in image 

DMCA.com