Home Discussion Discuss: Remove Element from XML Document

• this doesn't workblankedy blanks September 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM

this doesn't work. please give exact instructions as to how to get this to work. for example, should i start by using a computer, or a pumpkin? and if it's a computer, does it matter if i'm using windows or linux or something else? and from there, do i need a jdk? perhaps? and then from there, how?!?! i've searched the internet far and wide on how in the world to remove an element from xml, and all i've found are super-specific tid-bits that (i suspect) depend on a huge grand scheme of things that nobody is telling me. the w3schools example doesn't work. nothing works. i've tried xslt, javascript, and even a regex find/replace, which was pretty close but no cigar: i want to delete <f> nodes. my search term in notepad++ using regular expressions: <f.*</f> this identifies most nodes fine, but when there's 2 f nodes in 1 line then it highlights both of them, and includes data that's NOT in an f node.

• specific errorsblankedy blanks September 7, 2011 at 7:18 PM

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin>javac removeelement.java C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin>java removeelement Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: removeelement (wrong name: RemoveElement) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:791) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:14 2) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449) at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361) at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:423) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:356) at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:472) C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0\bin>

• Why does noone indent their code?Derik August 16, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I see thousands of code posts weekly where noone bothers to indent, or the web portal doesn't support code indenting. Do you really think people want to look at this unindented garbage?

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
XML Tutorials

Remove Element from XML Document
Remove Element from XML Document     ... a given  XML document. Whenever you remove the xml element from the xml document... element from the XML document by  invoking the getParentNode() method . Here 

XML Tutorials

Searching an Element in the given XML Document
Searching an Element in the given XML Document  ... asks for a  xml element name that have to be searched in the XML document... element  in XML document. If it counts to '0' that means element doesn't found 

XML Questions

creating tables as an xml document - XML
creating tables as an xml document  Create a table of a medal tally of the Olympic Games as an XML document. The table must have the name..."); // create string from xml tree StringWriter sw = new StringWriter 

XML Tutorials

Getting The XML Root Element
a  root element from the XML document.  The JAXP (Java APIs for XML... a DocumentBuilderFactory. After parsing the XML document you get  the node element using... Getting The XML Root Element      

XML Questions

creating document in XML - XML
creating document in XML  Create an XML document for catalogue... document = documentBuilder.newDocument(); Element rootElement...)); System.out.print("Enter number to add elements in your XML file: "); String 

XML Questions

Parsing XML using Document Builder factory - XML
org.w3c.dom import Document from org.w3c.dom import Element from...Parsing XML using Document Builder factory  Hi , I am new to XML . I am trying to parse a XML file while is : For this i am using Document 

XML Tutorials

Validating XML document with a DTD
to follow some rules defined in dtd then you can reference a dtd from xml document...Validating XML document with a DTD If an xml document is well formed i.e.... an XML document valid it must be validated, or verified, against a DTD. DTD 

XML Questions

retrieving xml document from database
retrieving xml document from database  Hi Guys, I want to retrieve the xml document stored in the database on to a jsp page using jdbc/odbc connnection.Please help me in implementing this feature. Thank You Madhu 

XML Questions

xml
XML Namespaces provide a method to avoid element name conflicts.They are used for providing uniquely named elements and attributes in an XML document. They are defined in a W3C recommendation.1 An XML instance may contain element 

XML Tutorials

Reading an XML document using JDOM
SAXbuilder object which is used to Builds a JDOM document from files. Element... Reading an XML document using JDOM       This Example shows you how to Read an XML document 

Programming Tutorials

JDOM Element Example, How to get text of element of xml file.
JDOM Element Example, How to get text of element of xml file. In this tutorial, we will see how to get text value of an element from xml file by using.... In this example we are create xml document with the help of SAXBuilder class 

Programming Tutorials

JDOM Element Example, How to remove attribute of xml element in java.
JDOM Element Example, How to remove attribute of xml element in java. In this tutorial, we will see how to remove attribute of xml element in java...) The removeAttribute(...) method remove attribute from existing element. Code 

Programming Tutorials

JDOM Element Example, How to remove child of an element from xml file in java.
JDOM Element Example, How to remove child of an element from xml file in java. In this tutorial, we will see how to remove child of an element from xml file... child    element of given name from existing xml file 

XML Tutorials

DTD:Document Type Definition
of an XML document. It defines the document structure with a list of legal ...; If the DTD is defined inside the XML document, it should be wrapped in a DOCTYPE... of a XML document with an internal DTD: E-mail.xml <?xml 

XML Tutorials

Create - XML File (Document)
Create - XML File (Document)     ... document using the DOM APIs. This XML document uses  1.0 version  and UTF-8... the element: Emp-Desi Enter the data: Junior-Programmer <?xml 

XML Tutorials

Reading XML from a File
Reading XML from a File       This Example shows you how to Load Properties from the XML file via a DOM document. JAXP (Java API for XML Processing) is an interface which provides 

Programming Tutorials

JDOM Element Example, How to add and remove child from xml file.
JDOM Element Example, How to add and remove child from xml file. In this tutorial, we will see how to add and remove child node in an xml Document tree. We can add child any where in xml document tree with the help of JDOM API 

XML Questions

java code to create xml document from DOM object
java code to create xml document from DOM object  Hey! After knowing the way we can create DOM objects and add elements to it-> then displaying it on the console ;is there a way I can output the same in xml document 

XML Questions

Retrieving attribute value from XML
Retrieving attribute value from XML  I have an XML as below to parse...-values-from-a-nodel.shtml http://www.roseindia.net/xml/dom/GetData.shtml Thanks...(); is.setCharacterStream(new StringReader(xmlRecords)); Document doc = db.parse 

XML Tutorials

Get Data From the XML File
Get Data From the XML File       Here you will learn to retrieve data from XML file using SAX parser. We use the JAXP APIs to retrieve data from XML document . Description 

XML Questions

how to update xml from java - XML
how to update xml from java  hi, Im new to xml parsing and dont know much about. I need to modify the attribute val of a tag in a complex xml file... friend, To solve your problem, please visit to: http://www.roseindia.net/xml 

XML Tutorials

To Count The Elements in a XML File
the given XML document. It asks the element name and counts its occurence... in XML document using DOM APIs defined...; and xml-apis.jar files  to run this program. You can download it from 

XML Tutorials

Overview of element types
Overview of element types Schema defines the building blocks of an xml document so is very important to identify the type of the element. The element can be of simple type or complex type. Simple type does not contain elements 

XML Tutorials

Create an Empty DOM Document
from XML Document DocumentBuilder builder = Factory.newDocumentBuilder... of a DOM Document object to build a DOM tree. Element element... Create an Empty DOM Document      

XML Questions

XML in java - XML
XML in java  Write a program using SAX that will count the number of occurrences of each element type in an XML document and display them. The document file to be processed should be identified by the first command-line 

General

Document Type Definition
; Document Type Definition (DTD), defined in XML and SGML specifications is slightly different. SGML is the language from which XML was derived. Document type definition is one of several SGML and XML schema languages therefore 

XML Questions

Create XML - XML
(); Document document = documentBuilder.newDocument(); Element rootElement... is predefined from java file? Thanks in advance Sumanta  Hi friend... elements in your XML file: "); String str = buff.readLine(); int 

XML Questions

java and xml problem - XML
java and xml problem  hi, i need to write a java program that generates an xml file as follows: aaa vvv... XML file: "); //String str = bf.readLine(); int no = Integer.parseInt("1 

XML

Example for Finding the Root Element in the XML File
Example for Finding the Root Element in the XML File In this tutorial, we will discuss about how to find the Root Element in the XML file. The XML DOM views an XML document as a tree-structure. Contents can be updated or deleted. You 

XML Tutorials

Getting Data from XML File (Document)
Getting Data from XML File (Document)   ... to the output . Here the results are displayed at the console from the XML document... from a XML file. All xml files store the data. You can add and modify the data 

DMCA.com