Home Discussion Discuss: Converting a Filename to a URL

• non-determined File URL-pathDavid March 23, 2012 at 12:02 PM

for my college project I'm trying to connect to a HTML-file within my java project, this however has to be uploaded on our college network to our teacher for review... as such I cannot specify the location through "C:/...../help.html" What is the URL Filepath rule to... say search from within a JAR's root folder? I've tried simply "help.html", "file://help.html". The help.html file IS inside my project folder. I hope this question may be of use to someone else aswell. Thanks in advance

• The use of file.toURL() has been deprecatedGregBrannon October 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

File.toURL(): Deprecated. This method does not automatically escape characters that are illegal in URLs. It is recommended that new code convert an abstract pathname into a URL by first converting it into a URI, via the toURI method, and then converting the URI into a URL via the URI.toURL method.

Post your Comment

Your Name (*) :
Your Email :
Subject (*):
Your Comment (*):
  Reload Image

Related Articles
Java Tips and Examples

Converting a Filename to a URL
Converting a Filename to a URL       A file object is used to a give a filename. Creating the File... if the file exists, first of all we need to convert the file object in URL 

General

Converting a Filename to a URL

Java Beginners

How to resolve this error The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
How to resolve this error The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax..."; this physical directory is working fine but I want store in url path like...\website\screenshots\amit1220120625_110414.PNG (The filename, directory name, or volume 

Java-Tutorials

Convert a file name path to url and vice versa in java
String representation of the URL:  This program also converts the Filename Path into URL. It reads a file name and converted into the URL. toURL... path into the URL. This is done by creating the instance of the URL class 

Java Beginners

How to store url path?
How to store url path?  Image is stored in physical directory like...() + ".PNG"; this physical directory is working fine but I want store in url...\amit1220120625_110414.PNG (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect 

Java Beginners

How to store url path in file ?
How to store url path in file ?  Hi, How to store url path in file..."; This is store phiscal directory but i want store url path like...\screenshots\amit1220120625_104252.PNG (The filename, directory name, or volume 

General

URL in term of Java Network Programming
given table of the URL structure, for many protocols the host name and the filename... URL in term of Java Network Programming       A URL (Uniform Resource Locator 

General

URL file Download and Save in the Local Directory
URL file Download and Save in the Local Directory       This Program file download  from  URL and save this Url File in the specified directory. This program specifies 

Java Beginners

Using a variable filename - Java Beginners

Java-Tutorials

URL in term of Java Network Programming
given table of the URL structure, for many protocols the host name and the filename... URL in term of Java Network Programming       A URL (Uniform Resource Locator 

Servlet Interview Questions

URL Encoding and URL Decoding
URL Encoding and URL Decoding  What is URL Encoding and URL Decoding ?   URL encoding is the method of replacing all the spaces and other... is the process of converting all Hex Characters back to their normal form 

Swing AWT

How to get filename in JTextArea in following case?
How to get filename in JTextArea in following case?  Hi, i'm... java.awt.*; import javax.swing.*; import java.awt.event.*; class FileName extends... pane; FileName(){ setLayout(null); JTextAreaOutputDirectory=new 

Java Tips and Examples

Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory
Determining if a Filename path is a file or a directory       You can solve this problem very easily. What you need to do, just create a File object and pass some file name 

General

Java get Filename without Extension
Java get Filename without Extension   ... the filename without extension. For this, the file name or the directory name...() {   String fileName="C:\\anu\\My\\Hello.txt";   File file = new File(fileName 

JSP Interview Questions

Friendly URl
Friendly URl  creating a SEO friendly URL 

HTML Questions

URL problem
URL problem  Hi. I have created a webpage for my project website. in that i have used frameset to split the page. Now if i click any link in the page its navigating to the another page. but the problem is here in the url its 

JSP Servlet Questions

hide url
hide url  how i can hide url i have lot of jsp pages when i call one jsp in address another jsp page name also displayed in the address bar? url not visible to endusers please tell me any answer what i should do 

JSP Servlet Questions

Assigning URL
url to my attendancetemplate.jsp file, please help me if anyone knows, am 

HTML Questions

HTML url

JSP Servlet Questions

long url to short url for jsp or servlet
long url to short url for jsp or servlet  I have to convert a url "http://localhost:8080/Popup/popup?phone=111111111". I am unable to do the same. Please any help 

PHP Questions

fetch url in php - PHP
fetch url in php  How to Fetch URL in PHP 

JavaScript Questions

javascript for websites url validation
javascript for websites url validation  javascript for websites url validation   JavaScript Code for URL Validation **function isvalidurl(url) { return url.match(/^(ht|f)tps?:\/\/[a-z0-9-.]+.[a-z]{2,4}\/?([^\s< 

Mobile Applications Questions

uiwebview open url in safari
uiwebview open url in safari  How to open outgoing URL like ffacebook or twitter in iPhone/iPad 

parse url iphone sdk
parse url iphone sdk  How can i parse two different URL's using NSXMLParser 

UIWebview load url
UIWebview load url  How to load website url in UIWebview? Tell me code for UIWebview load url of a website Thanks...://www.roseindia.net"]; // Load URL //Create a URL object. NSURL *url = [NSURL 

Java Server Faces Questions

Mask actual URL
Mask actual URL  How to mask actual URL to the JSF page 

Load UIImage from URL
Load UIImage from URL  Load UIImage from URL 

Servlet Interview Questions

java referer url
java referer url  How to get the referer url in Java? Thanks 

JavaScript Questions

javascript regex validate url
javascript regex validate url  How to validate URL in regex Javascript   <html> <head> <title>Url validation using...() { var url = document.getElementById("url").value; var pattern 

HTML Questions

URL CODE OF BUTTONS
URL CODE OF BUTTONS   how to create a button tag, i need a details for creating a button tag with url code 

DMCA.com