Open Source Charting and Reporting Tools in Java
These are third party tools for which source codes are available under a General User?s License agreement. Some of them are given
- JfreeChart: This is a free java library for creating different types of charts and graphs including:
- pie charts (2D and 3D)
- bar charts (regular and stacked, with an optional 3D effect)
- line and area charts
- scatter plots and bubble charts
- time series, high/low/open/close charts and candle stick charts
- combination charts
- Pareto charts
- Gantt charts
- wind plots, meter charts and symbol charts
- wafer map charts.
JasperReports: This is a powerful java reporting tool used for delivering rich content for the screen, printer or PDF, HTML, XLS, CSV and XML files.
JCharts: jCharts is a 100% Java based charting utility that outputs a variety of charts. This package has been designed from the ground up by volunteers for displaying charts via Servlets, JSP's, and Swing apps.
Cewolf: Cewolf can be used inside a Servlet/JSP based web application to embed complex graphical charts of all kinds (e.g. line, pie, bar chart, plots, etc.) into a web page. Therefore, it provides a full-featured tag library to define all properties of the chart (colors, strokes, legend, etc.). Thus the JSP that embeds the chart is not polluted with any java code. Everything is described within XML conform tags.
JfreeReport: JFreeReport is a free Java report library. It has the following features:
- full on-screen print preview
- data obtained via Swing's TableModel interface (making it easy to print data directly from your application)
- XML-based report definitions
- output to the screen, printer or various export formats (PDF, HTML, CSV, Excel, plain text)
- support for servlets (uses the JFreeReport extensions).
- JopenChart: JOpenChart is an open source Java library and toolkit for creating different kinds of charts and embedding them into web applications or Swing applications.
Chart2D: Chart2D is a library written in Java for adding 2D charts to Java programs.
iReport: iReport is a visual reporting tool based on JasperReports written in 100% pure java. You can manage charts, images, subreports,... Data can be retrived using JDBC, TableModels, JavaBeans, XML,...It supports output in PDF,XML,XLS,CSV,HTML,Java2D.
OpenReports: OpenReports is a flexible open source web reporting solution that allows users to generate dynamic reports in a browser. OpenReports uses JasperReports, an excellent full featured open source reporting engine, and was developed using leading open source components including WebWork, Velocity, Quartz, and Hibernate.
JgraphT: JGraphT is a free Java graph library that provides mathematical graph-theory objects and algorithms. JGraphT supports various types of graphs including:
directed and undirected graphs
graphs with weighted / unweighted / labeled or any user-defined edges
various edge multiplicity options, including: simple-graphs, multigraphs, pseudographs.
unmodifiable graphs - allow modules to provide "read-only" access to internal graphs.
listenable graphs - allow external listeners to track modification events.
subgraphs graphs that are auto-updating subgraph views on other graphs.