Database books- Page 7
- Introduction of Sybase workplace SQL Server
This book, Introducing Sybase Workplace SQL Server, provides an overview of SQL Server Professional(TM) for Windows NT, a set of Sybase(R) products for developing and deploying relational database applications on desktop platforms.
Workplace SQL Server is an integrated set of software products for developing and deploying relational database applications. It consists of a high-performance relational database management system (RDBMS), which runs database servers, and a collection of applications and libraries, which run on database clients. This arrangement, consisting of servers accessed by multiple clients over a network, forms the basis for Sybase's client/server architecture.
- Installing adaptive server enterprise on windows NT
These terms are used in the installing and upgrading process of
some topic are following here:-
* Downloading - is the process of transferring programs and files from CD to a target computer.
* Installing - describes the tasks required to enable software functionality once programs and files are downloaded to the target computer. Tasks vary for first-time installations and upgrades.
* Upgrading - describes the tasks required to install a new software release for an existing software product. Upgrading requires new programs be downloaded and installed. Additional steps might be required to enable previous programs and databases to utilize the new software's functionality.
* Server - provides a service in client/server computing. Examples include Adaptive Server, Backup
Server TM), Historical Server, Monitor Server, and XP Server(TM).
- How to use SQL server for Windows NT
SQL Server for Windows NT is an integrated set of software products for developing and deploying relational database applications. It consists of a high-performance relational database management system (RDBMS), which runs database servers, and a collection of applications and libraries, which run on database clients.
A relational database management system (RDBMS) is a system for storing and retrieving data in which the data is represented in two-dimensional tables. In early relational systems, tables were called relations. A relational database consists of a collection of tables that store interrelated data.
- The database
omniConnect for adaptive server enterprise
OmniConnect is one of several Adaptive Server Enterprise bundles which uses the Component Integration Services feature to provide access to external data sources.
OmniConnect allows users to access both Sybase and non-Sybase databases on different servers. These external data sources include host data files and tables, views and RPCs (remote procedure calls) in database systems such as Adaptive Server, Oracle, and DB2.
OmniConnect are using some cases to the following here:-
* Access tables in remote servers as if the tables were local.
* Perform joins between tables in multiple remote, heterogeneous servers. For example, it is possible to join tables between an Oracle
database management system and an Adaptive Server, and between tables in multiple Adaptive Servers.
* Transfer the contents of one table into a new table on any supported remote server using a select into statement.