The Artifactory Team is pleased to announce the availability of Artifactory 1.2.5 final release.
Artifactory is an open source enterprise artifacts repository for Maven 2. It offers advanced proxying, caching and security features for creating a solid, reproducible and independent build environment when using Maven inside a corporate. Artifactory exposes a robust web based artifacts management platform using rich Ajax UI and can be run out of the box using simple ?unzip and launch?.
The main new features and improvements introduced in this version are:
* Virtual Repositories - Aggregate content view of any number of local and
remote repositories combined into a virtual logical repository, providing
extremely flexible artifacts resolution control.
* Full System Import and Export - Archiving the whole system content (incl. security and metadata) to a distributable zip format, which is great for quick system migration and seamless version upgrades.
* Remote Maven1 repositories - Artifactory now supports remote Maven1 repositories proxying.
* Backup Cleanup and Filtering - Automatic cleanup of old backups according to a retention period, plus filtering out certain repositories (such as caches) from being backed up.
* Unique Snapshots Cleanup - Control over the maximum number of unique snapshots deployed into each repository, plus automatic cleanup of old unique snapshots.
* Better Search - Improved search speed and easier search results display.
* Offline Repositories - Support for ?offline? status of remote repositories to use caches only ( e.g. when the remote repository is down or misbehaves).
* WebDav Support - Artifactory can now be used by any WebDAV compliant client. Currently the following DAV commands are supported: options, get, propfind, put, mckol and delete.
* Improved Logging Management - Separate audit log file for all repository access events and separate general Artifactory log file under Tomcat.
* Runtime Configuration Updates - Configuration can be dynamically reloaded in runtime from the UI. No need to restart Artifactory to apply configuration changes.
* And many bug fixes and minor improvements.
The complete release notes are available here:
Related Learning Resources
Posted on: April 3, 2006 If you enjoyed this post then why not add us on Google+? Add us to your Circles