What's The Best Way To Care For Your Trampoline?
Your trampoline can be an expensive item, so it's important to properly care for it. Here's some useful tips :
* Don't Let Kids sit/stand or play with the frame pads. The pad is a preventive in case the kids land too close to the frame.
* Don't use chemicals to clean your frame pads.
* Don't tie your pads too tight. In case of strong winds, it can pull up the pads and therefore pull out the straps if tied too tightly.
* If you have an enclosure, lift up the skirt where the poles are or cut out of the skirt area at the pole. If the pole lies against the skirt, there will be too much strain on the pads and can cause the skirt seams to rip.
* Keep all animals away from the trampoline. There's something about dogs and pads and are very appealing to dogs!
How can trampolining be safer?
If your child already uses a trampoline, you should follow these safety measures.
Location of the trampoline and safety features:
Clear the area around the trampoline of objects and do not set the trampoline near trees, fences, poles, or other playground equipment.
Set the trampoline where an energy-absorbing surface (for example, tall grass) surrounds it. Buy and use a frame pad that covers the entire area of the spring system. If possible, lower the height to ground level by putting the trampoline in a pit.
Before using the trampoline:
Set rules for trampoline use and discuss them often with your children. Tell your children about the risks of not using the tramp properly. Have your children remove any necklaces.
Using the trampoline:
Have someone properly train your child how to do flips and other complex stunts. Never allow more than one person to use the trampoline at the same time. Do not allow bouncing followed by jumping off of the trampoline. Have an adequate number of spotters around the edges of the trampoline.
Follow these tips and you're trampoline will be great fun... and safe.
About the Author: Jeb Taylor is a fitness guru. He works out on all exercise equipment he thinks will help him. Along with bikes and jogging, Jeb loves bouncing on a trampoline as a fun way to fitness.