Wedding Rings - How To Choose A Perfect Ring
Selecting a wedding ring isn?t is easy as it looks. You are going to wear your ring for the rest of your life, so it should be something you won?t get tired of in a couple years. You will have to look at and try on many different rings before you come to a final decision and, being an intelligent consumer, you should know what your options are.
First, you will have to decide how much you can afford to spend. Then, with your budget in mind, choose the material you want your ring made of.
Wedding ring materials can be:
- 14K or 18K yellow gold, classic and still very popular for wedding and engagement rings
- white gold, which is gaining popularity because it looks stylish and very modern. Also white gold can be worn with silver or platinum jewelry and it goes with most fabrics
- platinum is one of the hardest metals, which in itself makes platinum a suitable symbol for enduring love. It is also very pure: while 18 K gold contains only 75% gold, most platinum jewelry is 95% platinum. Platinum rings look similar to white gold, are very elegant and stylish, don?t scratch and don?t loose their look with the passing years. Platinum rings are the most expensive but, considering that you will wear your ring for the rest of your life, that doesn?t really matter for many couples
- titanium is long lasting, light and not very expensive, so it has recently became a very popular material for wedding rings. Titanium rings are similar in appearance to white gold rings but they are so light that you can hardly feel one on your finger. Titanium is a particularly popular material for men?s wedding rings
When choosing the material, think of what would work best with your clothes and the other jewelry you usually wear. Is your jewelry box filled with gold or silver? If your favorite pieces are silver, it is a good idea to get a white gold, titanium or platinum wedding ring. Alternatively, you could get two tone ring - usually made from white and yellow gold. This type of ring would match silver jewelry as well as gold.
Some women also want to match their wedding rings with their engagement rings. This is certainly something to take into consideration, if you plan to wear both rings on the same hand. Another option is to wear your wedding ring on the left hand and your engagement ring on your right hand - in which case they should probably still be the same color, but don?t have to match so closely.
Which wedding ring style to choose?
There are many styles available, so everybody can find a ring to suit their tastes. When it comes to style, though, the first thing you have to decide is if you both will wear similar rings or if each will select one that expresses his or her personality. The most popular styles are:
- traditional plain bands - even though they are plain, they will always be stylish and fashionable. These are also best suited for men who aren?t accustomed to wearing jewelry
- bands with beaded edges are a little more elaborate
- Two-tone bands which can be worn with either gold or silver jewelry
- Celtic wedding rings are really hot how. Covered with ancient knotwork designs, they look really stylish
- Solitaire rings with a single precious stone
- Solitaries with accents - rings with a large stone and several smaller stones around it
- Channel diamond rings
The best gem stones for wedding rings
Diamonds are unbeatable favorites for wedding rings and with good reason - not only are diamonds the most beautiful and expensive of all precious stones, but they are also the hardest. Other hard stones are rubies and sapphires. Gemstones like amethyst or aquamarine are too soft, which makes them unsuitable for a wedding ring that you are going to wear every day.
No matter which style and material you chose, you want a ring that would be comfortable on your finger. For this reason it is always best to go with a ring that is smooth around the edges.
About the Author: Tanya Turner is a wedding jewelry expert and a founder of http://www.Man-Wedding-Rings-Guide.com, where you can find unbiased information about all types of wedding rings with pictures of most popular wedding ring styles