10 Ways To Kick Your Competition?s Butt!
The internet is no longer a secret! It is becoming so inexpensive to start an internet business that it seems like everyone and their dog now has a website!
What's worst is that major companies have started to get involved in internet marketing. Big companies are pouring in millions to take their brand online, making it pretty hard for us little guys to compete.
Well, there are still ways you can fight back and beat even Fortune 500 companies if you just use these 10 strategies (and use them religiously).
1. Offer free original content. It's important to give your visitors information they can't find anywhere else. If you're the only source, they'll visit your site.
The internet is about information and content - that is what your visitors want. You can skip the ?bureaucracy? of a big company and make great content and fast.
2. Give people free software. Most people like to find good deals on software for their computers. If the software is free, that is even better.
Software is becoming a great viral tool now. Everyone wants to make their lives easier and automate things - software can do this. If you can come up with a great piece of software, just plug your website url into it and you will see great viral marketing.
3. Hold free contests or sweepstakes. Most people like to win things. If you can fulfill that need, people will stop by to visit. This is yet again another great viral marketing tool.
4. Provide a free web directory. Create a directory of web sites on a popular topic that will attract your target audience: A great resource website means you can have repeat traffic.
5. Offer a free e-zine. Most people love to get free information that's e-mailed to them regularly. This saves them time and money.
Having an excellent newsletter or e-zine is by far one of the best tools to build loyalty from your visitors. Not to mention, having a loyal subscriber list is a great way to make money week after week!
6. Make your web site look professional.
You want to have your own domain name, easy navigation, attractive graphics, etc. Please don't go crazy with flash and lots of ?fancy? things - they don't sell. However, having a nice clean site that flows well is critical.
7. Let people read your ad before they get to your freebie.
When you use free stuff to lure people to your web site list it below your ad copy. Always make sure to get your URL out there as much as possible - start thinking about branding the way the big companies do.
8. Attract the target audience that would buy your product or service.
A simple way to do this is to survey your existing customers. Offer the right products to your visitors. Too many times I see websites offering a service that their visitors don't want. If they only took a few minutes to survey their subscribers, even a small tweak to their product could launch sales.
Large companies spend millions on juts product research! All you have to do is put up some links or send an e-mail to your list!
9. Test and improve your ad copy.
Simple is it not? Finding better ways to use the traffic you already have! There are many people who write an ad and never change it. Make sure you get the highest possible conversion rate.
10. Give people an urgency so they buy now.
Many people are interested in your product but they put off buying it until later and eventually forget about it. Have special promotions and give them a reason to act now.
There you go! There are 10 tips you can immediately implement to help better brand your website and increase sales. These are the exact things that the big companies will soon be doing, so you can beat them to it!
About the Author: This article is written by Anik Singal, is a young, but very successful internet marketing consultant. Anik Singal has developed multiple businesses online and has helped his clients create millions in revenue. Join his FREE marketing newsletter and learn some of his deepest secrets! http://www.M