Using Article Marketing In Your Direct Sales Business
After several months of studying the art of marketing businesses by using informative articles I've been really impressed with the tremendous information that's out there. By writing a content rich, helpful and informative article you can set yourself apart as an expert in your field and generate traffic to you and your business.
Most of my study has been in the field of Internet marketing, but as the wheels of my mind have been turning and with the experience I've had with Direct Sales, I want to encourage you, Direct Selling Mom, to explore this as a way to expand your business... and provide a new outlet of fun for yourself too!
Why in the world do you want to spend time writing articles? If you're like me, you're business life is already too consuming and you need to spend less time on your business, not more!
First, it's FUN! Here's your chance to let your creative juices flow! You know how much you love your products. And at your parties, you love talking about them to the party guests. But now, you have a chance to take it another level. Do you sell scrapbooking products? Share your heart about the importance of creating a legacy of memories for your progeny. Passionate about candles? Write an article about the warmth of hospitality in your home that can be created by simply adding some beautiful candles to your decor. Think beyond the specific products in your line and create from your heart! You'll see... it' will stretch your mind and you'll love every minute of it!
Second, it's profitable. As you send out valuable content either online to article directories or offline to your local publications, you're establishing yourself as an expert in your field. Because each article has a resource box, an author section with your information - name, email, website, email and/or phone, the people who read your article, will know who to contact... YOU!
Third, it sets you apart. Direct Sales is a competitive business and most likely if you're in company that's more than a year or two old, you're not the only representative around. By writing articles and establishing credibility, you're setting yourself apart from other consultants in your own company and in competing ones as well.
How to start? Here are some quick suggestions:
1. Read some other articles online that fit in with the theme of your particular product line.
2. Pick your favorite product from your direct sales catalog. Take a long look at it and think about WHY this is your favorite. What can it "do" for your customers... what's it's value.
3. Write down your thoughts about the product in list form. Look through the list and find some "key words" that really stand out.
4. Using those key words, start to build a story about the experience of the product.... not the specific product itself. This is where you really begin to write an article rather than a sales pitch.
5. Now just keep writing...tweak, change, set it aside for a day and come back to it. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't come to you right away, especially if you're not a writer by nature.
6. Take a risk and have a good friend read and critique your thoughts. Be open to her ideas and rewrite again.
When you think you and your article are ready, it's time to submit it to your local paper or to online article directories. Just do an Internet search for "article directories" as a good starting point.
So much information is available online for maximizing this avenue of marketing. Take advantage of it ... and watch your business grow!
About the Author: Annette Yen of Sailing to Success.com is a 20 year veteran of Direct Sales. Take your business the next level with article writing when you Click here for Easy Article Marketing