Upgrade Your Life (Part 1)
There are various ways that we can upgrade our lives. Some people lose weight and gain confidence, others use the credit card and treat themselves to a new wardrobe, car or holiday. But have you ever thought of giving your mind a makeover? Everything you are is the direct result of how you think. When did you last wonder whether the glass of your life is half full or half empty? Are things good or bad for you. When will your life get better? A recent study by the British Governments strategy unit concluded that unless you are in the bottom third of the economic pile, your wealth makes NO DIFFERENCE to your levels of happiness. How many clothes, DVD players, cars and televisions does it take for people to understand that it all comes from within. You make the choices that make the difference and control your destiny and if you choose NOT to things happen anyway and you have no control. Taking no choice to do something is also a choice.
Most just call this fate. I beg to differ.
Here are a few basic rules to life which may be a surprise to you. You may strongly disagree with them or perhaps you?ll just highlight things you?ve always suspected, but never really thought about.
1) Your life is your fault- so take ownership, examine and change it.
2) You?ve never ever failed to do anything in your life ? you just got an outcome to what you put in. Do things again differently and you may get a better result.
3) You?ve never made a mistake in your life ? at the time it was the right thing to do so stop bringing up past regrets.
4) Your map of reality is not the actual territory ? neither is anybody else?s. Once upon a time the earth was flat, electricity didn?t exist and the 4 minute mile was impossible.
5) Time is the one currency above all that you cannot replace, buy or cheat.
6) The worst things that happen in life are actually the best - they made you who you are. What can you learn from those lessons?
7) What you think is what you are ? think better of yourself and notice the immediate improvements.
8) Life is precious ? worth over 87 billion US. You are worth a fortune ? a self controlling, learning machine with unlimited capacities for self-improvement that runs on food, emotional energy and experience. Try buying one of them on ebay.
9) You cannot change anybody else, like you they can only change themselves. Have you ever tried clapping with one hand?
10) What you put into life is what you get back ? so put more in and enjoy.
Let?s start with ideal that ?Your life is your fault.? It is surprising how many people can?t take ownership for their current predicament. Blame goes on outside factors like ex-wives or husbands, nasty bosses or the economic climate. Well, if a relationship turned into a nightmare after the sweaty fun stopped, remember you chose to be part of it in the first place. You also chose to accept that job or that holiday or car. Often even though a little voice inside or a gut feeling warned you that things may not have been as good as they seemed to be. Remember that at every point in your life, only one person was at the scene of every crime. You. Similarly, if something happened that was outside of your control, then there is no need to dwell on it. It was out of your own sphere of influence so it couldn?t be helped It is now in the past anyway, so you couldn?t go back and change it if you tried..
If you can accept the basic principles that perhaps your current life is really your fault, then you can do something about it. It?s your life, your choice, your option to improve and upgrade your circumstances to become whatever you truly want.
So what is stopping you?
Understanding and accepting each of these ten basic rules can create an unbelievable change in the perception of your existence. Experts call this a ?Paradigm Shift?. If you want to do something about anything you can.
One day you may have to. Maybe a tragedy will force you to make drastic changes and rethink everything that you've always held as true.
Right now, it might not be essential, but if you get it 'wrong', you have so much less to lose.
So why not start today?
About the Author: Dave Crane is a motivational trainer, NLP Life Coach and NLP Master Practitioner, Stage Hypnotist, Hypnotherapist and Pranic Healer. He has been living in Dubai (UAE) for ten years and currently flies around the globe performing to tens of thousands of people worldwide. http://www.iwantdave.com