Sitemaps - Uncover The Only Quick And Easy Site Submission Strategy
What is the easiest and quickest way to get your site spidered and listed by Google and Yahoo?
This is an enternal question, one that many frustrated SEO specialists and online business owners are still trying to figure out. The trick to answering this question is to find out exactly what Google and Yahoo want you to do to get listed; not what you THINK they want you to do. That being said, the tried and true methods to get your pages indexed and listed by Google and Yahoo have been the following:
1. Blogging and Pinging
2. Submit your website through the standard submission form provided by Yahoo and Google
3. Pay a search engine submission service to do it for you
4. Figure out how to create a Sitemap for each of the engines to get the spiders to come to your site (you still have to manually submit)
These are all decent methods. However, the problems with 3 of these methods are many, and here are just a few:
1. Blog and Ping and submission forms are all slow ways to get listed. Who has that kind of time?
2. Search Engine Submission services can be expensive
3. Using an automated search engine submission service can get you banned, if the search engines think that you are "spamming"
Of all the methods listed above, both Google and Yahoo prefer that you create a sitemap and then submit your site to them. You create a database file that contains information about ALL of your web pages. You then load that file onto your website and then let Google know where that file is. Google is extremely specific about how the database should be submitted, which is in XML format.
By submitting your website in this way, you are cutting down on their overhead by a huge amount. You see, when you submit the old-fashioned way, using the standard submission form we talked about earlier, Google and Yahoo have to convert your information to the database XML format themselves. As you can imagine, this takes time, especially with the zillions of webpages that are submitted daily. So, those sites that are submitted in the manner and format that Google and Yahoo are already using will get their pages spidered faster...do you see the logic here? Using this process, you are enabling them to visit many MORE of your web pages quickly and easy. This is exactly what Google and Yahoo want you to do.
By submitting your sitemap in the preferred format, you will accomplish the following:
1. Save enormous amounts of your valuable time and money.
2. You don't risk getting banned
3. You will get Google and Yahoo to spider the pages of your site faster.
So, if you want to get your site spidered, and therefore listed, faster, you must create and submit the sitemap. In theory, the search engines can list your pages whenever they want. In reality, until you get them to spider your webpages, you will never get them listed!
About the Author: Joe Borges is an experienced Internet Marketer and Software Consultant with experience in website development and implementation. He is also a professional SEO Consultant, helping internet businesses increase their web presence, website traffic and Search Engine Ranking. Get tools and strategies that you can use right now to make your online business thrive by visiting: