Great Appetizers For Baby Showers And Other Parties
One of the biggest challenges for planning a baby shower or any other party is picking the right food. Appetizers and snacks are great for all types of parties, big and small. Here are some delicious appetizer ideas that you can make yourself or buy for your party:
1) Stuffed Mushrooms - Stuffed mushrooms are a tasty treat for any party. Larger mushroom caps of course are better and you can be creative with your stuffing choices. Some popular ingredient choices are cheese, bacon, and breadcrumbs.
2) Cheese and Crackers - Cheese and crackers are a simple snack idea for any party. This snack is also great for health conscious people. For upscale occasions, cheese logs or gourmet cheese balls can be used.
3) Fruit Platter - Another healthy and simple idea is fruit salad or a fruit platter. These platters can contain canned fruits, fresh fruits, or a mix of both. Some popular choices are apples, pears, grapes, and strawberries. Add in marshmallows or raisins if desired.
4) Chips and Dip - Chips and dip are a good idea for any party. Tortilla chips and potato chips are both popular and salsa, sour cream, cheese dips, and artichoke dips are great for parties.
5) Mini Sandwich Squares - Sandwiches are easy to make. The bread can also be buttered, seasoned, and toasted if desired. Apply any toppings you like and then cut the sandwich into bite-sized squares. Then stick a toothpick into each square and place them on a nice tray.
6) Brownies - If you don't mind doing some baking, then you can make your own brownies, or you can purchase them at a bakery. There are many possibilities as far as flavor goes, including traditional chocolate, fudge, and peanut butter. You can also add nuts and candy, but be sure your guests are not allergic.
7) Cookies and Cake - Cookies and cake come in many flavors and are great party treats. Popular flavors for cakes are cheesecake and carrot cake and for cookies are chocolate chip, oatmeal, and peanut butter.
8) Ice Cream - Finally, ice cream is another great party treat, especially during the summer. Vanilla and chocolate are the most popular flavors, but parties are also a great opportunity to offer unique flavors like blueberry cheesecake ice cream.
About the Author: Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For related products, go to Baby Shower Recipes (http://www.101babyshowerideas.com/bsrecipes.htm) and Baby Shower Candy Wrappers (http://www.101babyshowerideas.com/bscandywrap.htm)