Top Ten Things I Would Like To See Regarding Baseball
1. Put the designated hitter in the National League or remove the DH in the American League.
Let?s create some uniformity.
2. Re: Ground Rules or Grounds Rules or Grounds Rule ? Not Grounds Round
If, in the opinion of the umpire. I know I know, some of you do not like opinions, especially by umpires. But the umpire thinks that Derek Jeter should score on a well hit ball by Alex Rodriguez. Derek Jeter may have been running on the pitch. Whatever. The umpire thinks that Derek should score even though the ball went into the stands or a fan touched the ball. Let the man score already. Do not send him back to third base.
3. Food and drink at the ball park costing less than a mortgage payment. I suggest having a special night where people can eat at ½ the regular price for a hot dog, all other foods and drink.
4. Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe Dimaggio, Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, Derek Jeter, Tony Lazzeri, Graig Nettles and Bill Dickey play as a team. Today. So what if I am a little wacky.
5. The plastic bag liner that is used in the Metrodome is torn down and replaced with Saran Wrap. For no good reason, except to see how it would look.
6. All stadiums with domes. In case I am at a game and it starts to rain or the weather gets too cold. Hey close the roof.
7. Mel Allen is announcing games again.
8. People that at one time loved baseball. Now because of a strike, or steroids, or corked bats or exorbitant salaries, or whatever issue they had with the game turned away from baseball. They rekindle their love for the game and have some baseball fun.
9. My daughter (she plays softball) bats over .600 this year.
10. Your team wins.
About the Author: Aron Wallad has been a baseball lover for over 45 years. His passions have included; playing, watching, reading, evaluating, and coaching the game he adores. Do you love inspiring quotes, unusual statistics and most of all, heartwarming baseball stories? If you love baseball you will love his baseball ezine.
Go here right now to join his ezine
Contact Aron at firstname.lastname@example.org