Link Popularity - The Key To A Top Search Engine Ranking!
If you are like me, by now you have heard all the SEO experts talk about link popularity and its impace on your search engine ranking. In fact, you can increase the link popularity of your site quickly and easily and get highly targeted traffic to your web site (more traffic = more sales).
In the eyes of the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN), reciprocal links add value to your site by attracting new visitors, and by attracting targeted traffic from clicks on your links on other sites. No matter what else you may have heard, here is the plain truth regarding link popularity:
1. Most major Search Engines rank your pages based on the number and quality of incoming links.
2. While one way links are being considered "more valuable" by certain Search Engines, it is still the number and quality of links, reciprocal and otherwise, contained on your site that impacts your ranking in the search engines.
3. Developing and maintaining high quality links to your web site is crucial to your online business success.
4. You MUST have a way to monitor, track and initiate new, quality links to your website (did I say quality?). You CANNOT have a top search engine ranking without incorporating link popularity into your internet marketing strategy.
5. The links to your web site should be related to your site theme and must have value to your visitors. The Search Engines place a premium on this. Your site must be useful to visitors, and your linking structure must bear this out.
In summary, in order for your website to achieve a top Search Engine Ranking, your linking strategy should accomplish the following:
* Steady, targeted traffic from new and return visitors to your web site.
* More customers and more sales through increased targeted traffic.
* You need to find out which web sites link to your competitors and convince these sites to link to your web site.
* You should develop new business contacts that can work with you and send customers to your company
* Increase your link popularity so that your web site will be ranked higher on many search engines.
* Find suitable partner web sites, contact them for reciprocal links and create a links page on your site
* You should create a link directory that you can offer to your visitors as valuable content.
As a result, you'll get highly targeted visitors to your web site, more customers and sales. Most importantly, your website will achieve a higher ranking on the search engines. Isn't that what you are shooting for?
About the Author: Joe Borges is an experienced Internet Marketer and Software Consultant with experience in website development and implementation. He is also a professional SEO Consultant, helping internet businesses increase their web presence, website traffic and Search Engine Ranking. Get tools and strategies that you can use right now to make your online business thrive by visiting: