6 Easy Steps For A Smoother CD/DVD Order
It?s all about turn times in the eMedia industry! The speed with which your vendor can get your CD or DVD project completed is vital to many customers. However, responsibility for these projects meeting their completion dates starts with the customer and ends with the vendor. It?s a partnership that shares the responsibility. Just follow the 6 easy steps below:
1) Complete Credit Reference
- When submitting a credit application, be sure to fill out all sections.
- Contact your references (vendors) and advise them to complete the required forms. Please also remind them to return the paperwork as soon as possible.
2) Communicate All Details of the Project to Your Sales or Customer Service Representative
- Provide all shipping details to your sales or customer service representatives (changes in shipping information must be communicated as soon as possible).
- Provide the information that you would like on the mirror band of CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs.
3) Protect Yourself
- Fill out, sign and return the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) form to make sure content ownership is properly handled.
4) Submit a High Quality Master Disc
- Always use high quality media.
- Avoid burning from a network source.
- Avoid burning on a laptop computer running on battery power.
- ALWAYS ?finalize? your disc.
- Don?t use packet-writing method to burn the master disc.
- Avoid impact or movement of the drive during burn.
- Use the ?burn-proof? feature if available.
- Avoid having multiple applications open when burning, especially those that access the internet or network.
- If possible submit two copies of the master disc.
5) Complete Your Screen Print Artwork
- Follow the artwork specifications.
- Send physical copy of artwork or send file to vendor FTP site. Please inform your sales or customer service representative when sending a file to the FTP site.
- Supply color and specification information along with a hard copy of your artwork or e-mail a PDF of the artwork to your sales or customer service representative. Be sure to include all fonts that are a part of your project.
- Include e-mail address where PDF proof should be sent.
- Approve verifications quickly, while still being thorough.
6) Send Us Your Materials
- Customer-supplied printed materials should arrive at least three days prior to projected ship date. Companies requires 15 percent overage of all printed materials.
- A packing slip should accompany all customer-supplied materials. A purchase order number or job number must appear on the packing slip.
About the Author: Adam Platzer - Spinergy - CD Replication, CD Duplication, DVD Replication, DVD Duplication, CD Screen Printing - Phone: 800-333-1328 - http://www.spinergymedia.com - email@example.com