If You Build It, They Will Come
In order for any online business to succeed, you have to get your website before the web public. I would like to share with you some different avenues of getting your website into the cyberspace marketplace through different advertising methods.
1. E-mail is commonly used to advertise on the internet. But the big problem with e-mail advertising is spamming rules and regulations. To overcome this, you must always only send e-mail advertising to opt-in subscribers. You can do this by providing something free on your website that the consumer would give up their e-mail address in order to get the free offer. You then capture the e-mail address as an opt-in subscriber. You can also purchase opt-in leads through many different opt-in subscriber providers. Be sure to check out your lead company before purchasing, and make sure they are targeted to your specific online business. Lead companies are not always equal in the quality of leads they provide.
You also must provide an opt-out footer in your e-mail marketing campaigns. This enables the e-mail recipients to take themselves off your mailing list when they no longer wish to receive your e-mail. You also need an autoresponder to handle large mailing lists for your advertising campaigns. The autoresponder handles e-mail campaigns, and will send out your messages automatically to your e-mail lists by whatever interval you set to send them. Just load and set it up to do the work for you. Autoresponders are timesaving marketing tools for your online business.
2. Advertising with solo ad ezines is a great marketing tool. Your ad is placed by itself, that is, no other ads are included with your advertisement. There are several good advertising ezines on the web you can place your solo ads with. Just make sure to choose ?solo ads,? since most offer other types of ads as well. An agency with 100,000 subscribers is a great place to run your solo ad. Some even have special priced packages.
3. Post a blog and write your own articles. When you post your blog and publish your own articles there, with your website URL attached to the author section, you can get your website picked up by search engines looking for free new content. When they choose yours, your website address is then picked up by the search engine, giving you another opportunity to get your website exposed to patrons of the web. Be sure to ping to let the spiders know where you are! If you feel you can?t write, hire a ghostwriter. You still get the benefit of getting your website recognized by search engines. You can post your blog free! Submit them to different article publishing ezines to get them published on the web. Free advertising!
4. Do local advertising in newspapers. Make flyers and distribute them in your neighborhood, on local business posting boards, and on university or school bulletin boards. Every day, give out business cards to people you come into contact with. Tell your friends about your website, and tell them to tell their friends. Word of mouth is a very effective way to advertise with people who already trust you.
5. Place an ad with Google Adwords. If you can afford to run an ad with Google, I highly recommend this avenue of advertising. You only pay when your ad is clicked, and you bid on the price you want to pay. It would be wise to educate yourself before advertising with Google Adwords by purchasing an educational book on using Google Adwords. What you don?t know can hurt your advertising budget.
By advertising through different avenues, you will build momentum, and with momentum, you build success. Online business success in not a race, it is a journey. Choose your online business wisely by choosing one with great leadership and support, and ongoing educational tools. Choose one with different streams of residual income, so you don?t have to depend solely upon one avenue of income. With residual income, you don?t have to do all the selling, just build a great team of sponsored members to help build your online business. With very consistent marketing strategies, a good reputable company to work with, and good educational tools, if you build it, they will come!
Copyright © Ollie Rains
About the Author: Ollie Rains owns the work at home directory website located at: http://www.OMRains.net. Come by and sign up for a free newsletter on tips and info for promoting your online business. Also be sure to check out our "top pick" work at home opportunity at: http://www.pluginprofitsite.come/main-9523