10 Tips For Prom Dress Shopping
1. Prom dresses run at least one size smaller just like wedding gowns so pick dresses a size larger and you'll get a perfect fit.
2. Keep an open mind. Try on lots of different styles of dresses. You might love a dress you never thought you'd wear.
3. Dresses look better on you than on the hanger--so try it on.
4. Listen to the opinions of your mom and/or friends as to what styles and colors look good on you. Just because you like the dress in an ad, doesn?t mean it?s the dress for you.
5. Let the salesperson help you try on the dresses. They help you zip and lace up the dresses, hang them back up and save you time shopping.
6. Listen to the salesperson?s ideas because they know which body type the dresses look good on. They know which styles are hot and which styles have a great fit.
7. There?s no way to guarantee that you?ll be the only one at prom with your dress since girls buy from bridal shops in neighboring towns and also online. Let your friends know which dress you buy so that they will be able choose another style.
8. Starting shopping in January or February when the selection of prom dresses is the largest. Buy your dress a couple of months before your prom to have lots of time for alterations.
9. Almost every prom dress will need some alterations for a perfect fit. Always buy your prom shoes before your alteration appointment so the dress can hemmed to correct length.
10. Consider buying your accessories and shoes at the time you buy your dress. You'll have the dress on when trying on jewelry and shoes so you can see the complete look before you buy.
About the Author: Roanna Rose has owned a full service bridal shop for more than 20 years. In 1997, the business was extended to the internet when the web site http://www.tjformal.com was created showcasing prom dresses, wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses & more.