Planning A Baby Shower From Start To Finish
Planning a baby shower is one of the loveliest gifts you can provide a mother to be. But where do you start?
If you are a first time planner or an experienced planner, you can benefit by following some simple strategies to ensure your baby shower goes off without a hitch.
Here?s what the experts recommend when it comes to baby shower planning:
1) Decide when the shower should be held. Most are held before the baby comes but some mom?s are superstitious and would prefer a shower be held after baby?s arrival. Be sure you check in first to plan accordingly.
2) Decide where the shower will be held. Usually this is a location other than the mom to be?s home.
3) Decide who should be invited. If you are hosting, you should always ask the mom to be who she wants invited before you make a list. You may find she wants a co-ed party or a small family only affair. Be sure you check in with her before you get started.
4) Send out invitations and be sure to include R.S.V.P. information and baby registry information. You?ll want to know exactly how many people are coming and your guests will want to know where they can buy the guest of honor some great gifts.
5) Decide on a theme. This doesn?t have to be anything elaborate. It can even be as simple as ?pink? if the mom is having a girl. You might consider asking the mom to be, she might have a theme in mind. This will help you plan decorations.
6) Order a cake or decide on the type of cake you want to make. A cake is a must have for all baby showers.
7) Plan on having some appetizers for guests. You don?t have to provide a full meal, but snacks are a nice touch.
8) Pick a few baby games out so you have something to do during the party. You can find hundreds of baby shower games on line.
Once you have planned all of these essential steps, the rest of the baby shower is easy! You simply need to set up house, decorate and welcome your guest of honor on their big day.
Most baby showers last about two to three hours. The first ½ hour or so guests can spend mingling and munching on goodies. You can then spend another ½ hour playing a couple of games.
Then allow your guest of honor to open her gifts! Be prepared to write down who all the gifts came from so your mom can send thank you notes.
After the gifts are open, usually guests have some cake, mingle some more and then leave. You might consider having some party favors available for guests. A great idea is mini baby bottles filled with jelly beans or some other inexpensive treat!
The most important thing to remember about baby shower planning is that everyone should have a good time. Sit back, relax and don?t stress about minor details. Most people are just looking for a good laugh and some time to pat mom to be?s growing belly!
About the Author: Adwina Jackson is a wife and mother of a young boy. She's also the editor of Inspiring Parenting, an online source of valuable parenting information. Please visit Inspiring Parenting for helpful and free parenting info.