Planning a successful wedding requires careful planning. We have created timeline for some of the most important elements of your wedding planning process.
1 year before your wedding day (or anytime after your engagement)
· Announce your engagement
· Determine the wedding date
· The bride and groom should introduce the parents, if they haven't already met
· Set your budget
· Hire the wedding planner
· Research possible reception sites
· Make a rough draft of the guest list
· Join a fitness club if you aren't already a member at one. Planning and going through your wedding is going to be a lot of fun, but you will need to be in good shape to handle the demands of the wedding planning process.
· Research your bridal shower favors and wedding favors
6-9 months before
· Decide on your caterer
· Hunt for your wedding gown
· Select your wedding party
· Book a DJ or a band
· Sign up with a bridal gift registry
· Shop for the bridal attendants' dresses
· Choose a florist
· Hire a photographer and a videographer
4-6 months before
· Finalize your wedding guest list
· Search for a hotel for your out of town guests
· Order your wedding invitations
· Purchase your wedding gown
· Call the bakeries or cake decorators in your area to check for date availability.
· Make travel arrangements for your honeymoon
2-4 months before
· Order your wedding favors
· Shop for your wedding bands
· Find out about your state's marriage license procedures
· Reserve or purchase the tuxedos for the groom and groomsmen
· If required by your state, get a blood test
· Finalize your wedding reception menu with your caterer
· Order you wedding cake
· Contact your ceremony site about your ceremony music
· Make arrangements about your reception music (DJ or band)
· Organize the rehearsal dinner
· Reserve tables and other necessary items with a party rental company
1-2 months before
· Run a complete test of your wedding makeup and hairdo. Invite some friends with you.
· Mail or deliver the wedding invitations
1-3 weeks before
· Complete the final seating chart for the wedding reception
· Contact photographer with the details of the ceremony and reception sites
· Provide your reception venue with a final head count based on the RSVPs received
· If necessary, make final adjustments to your wedding gown
· Facials should be booked for the bride, groom and bridesmaids
· Get your luggage ready for the honeymoon
· Your bridesmaid or a reliable friend should make sure the following items are promptly delivered: Toasting glasses, Band-Aids, Nail clippers, Cake knife, Emergency sewing kit
· Most importantly, relax. This is supposed to be a fun experience.
· You are about to experience one of the best days of your life.
· Welcome your out-of-town guests
· To help you relax, do some light physical exercise
· Have your hairstylist and makeup artist do their magic on you
· Keep smiling, it's your special day!
About the Author: George Meszaros http://www.sweet-reflections.com