Top List Of Baby Girls Names - Choosing Perfect Baby Names For Girls
The list of baby girls names that are the most popular can help you when deciding on which names are the best baby names for girls. Choosing her name is fun for the parents, family and friends, and her name will be something she will live with the rest of her life. Keep these tips in mind when selecting baby names for girls:
1. Select names based on their meanings - a positive meaning adds to the enjoyment of her name both now and later in life.
2. Decide if you prefer popular names or unique names - the list of baby girls names below are the most popular names in the USA since the year 2000. If you choose a unique name, be careful. Constantly having her name mispelled or mispronounced can be frustrating for her and everyone else.
3. Practice saying baby names for girls aloud - how do they sound? Say the entire name - first, middle and last. Do they rhyme? If your last name is complicated, a simpler first name may work best. If your last name is simple, try simple first names and try first names that are more complicated.
4. Do the names for baby girls initials you are considering form any kind of word? If a word is formed, is it OK? For example, you will not want to create a name combination that results in initials such as BAD, NOT, WUS, FAT and so on.
5. Are there common nicknames that are associated with the names? Are the nicknames acceptable to you? Will the nicknames be acceptable to her?
Looking at the list of baby girls names that are the most popular is a fun and practical way to see what girls names are frequently used. Here is the top list of baby girls names given to girls in the USA since the year 2000:
When selecting baby names for girls, remember that your girls name will always be part of her identity. Stay away from funny names. Your child or her friends may not think it is funny. Have fun with the list of baby girls names. Choose her name carefully, a name that will have meaning and significance to you and your child. She and others will be using and living with her names for her lifetime. And since you know she is going to be a star, help her on that journey by giving her the perfect girls names that she truly deserves.
Copyright 2005 InfoSearch Publishing
About the Author: Olinda Rola is President of InfoSearch Publishing and webmaster of http://www.yourdreamloghome.com - visit the website and learn more about decorating ideas for kids bedrooms, nursery bedding, toy chests and playroom design ideas.