Staying Focused While Building Your Internet Marketing Business
Internet Marketing can take you for a wild ride, will it be a good ride?
Whether you are new at Internet Marketing or not you will have by now experienced the bomb squad of the internet, this is the attacks of every single internet marketer and every single online business opportunity targeting you as if you were the only one on the internet. They all want you, just like Uncle Sam says as their fingers point at you right through the monitor poking you in the chest. You have somehow come to the decision of getting involved in Internet Marketing, thinking that you are going to jump on the band wagon and make your fortune, running to the bank with those big bags of money and retiring early. After filtering through the bombs of attacks, you?ve finally made a decision to get started in what you believe is the best product or service for you, the best opportunity that is going to be the one. Now the name of the game is to stay focused, you?ve already done your homework, you believe you are in the right place at the right time. Now it?s time to concentrate and stay focused.
I was inspired to write this article after hearing a pattern of overwhelmation ? yah, sure that?s a word, well it is now. One of the difficult things about finally getting started is that I find that too many people once they finally get started in internet marketing get in to the trap or should I say remain in the trap of looking and searching. Well, it is understandable, you?ve filled out surveys for people looking for internet marketing opportunities, you?ve put your name on every single site that came your way, you?ve joined a gazillion amount of newsletters, you feel like you know every internet marketing guru there is by first name and some of them are your best friend, well hey, why not they write you every day and address you by your first name, surely you are the only one they are writing to and it is you who they are interested in right. They have all promised to make you rich. I have one piece of advice for you, let go of all of that and get out of the searching mode and do your business!!! You have made a decision, now stick with it, don?t keep looking for something that?s better. You?ve got to get started sometime, well why not NOW! After all it is you that has made the decision to get started. You need to stay focused and put the blinders on if you want to succeed. Better stated for most, you have got to learn how to focus in order to stay focused. I am not kidding here, many people cannot focus, they have been hit one too many times by those internet bombs.
Well enough of the badgering at you and let me attempt to offer some sound advice that will hopefully put you on the right track that will lead you to success.
These are some things that I have done that has helped me to stay focus and block those internet bombs from slowing me down:
1. Stay Focused on Staying Focused ?. Well how do you do that?
2. Practice Time Management. Determine how long you are going to work on your business (I did say your business and not just on the computer) per day and week. Actually map this out. Per day what is your commitment, not only hours but when. Time is a very valuable commodity, plan to use it wisely.
3. Set your business goals:
- Make sure thay are written. If they are not then they are just dreams.
- Be Specific ? What is it exactly you are working for?
- Measurable ? I would like to make $X per week.
- Timing ? I would like to be making $X per week by x/x/200x
?Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve?
4. Unsubscribe to all those business opportunity e-mails and newsletters, you don?t have time to read them anyway, it?s time to start your internet marketing business. If there are some that are offering you sound advice, even though they are trying to sell you something then be selective and pick one or two based on some feedback that you can trust.
5. Stop surfing those traffic exchange programs looking for business ideas and opportunities, it is now time to put yours up. And change your focus on what you enter in the google search to what?s going to help you with your business.
6. Find a support system, a team or a forum of like minded individuals that will help you reach your goals. There are a lot of valuable resources out there.
7. Celebrate the small wins. Success does not happen over night. When you celebrate these small wins you will feel good about what you are doing and will help you to focus on the next win.
8. Don?t procrastinate, this can cause you to be idle and get caught up in the mess of the internet bombs again. And remember to prioritize what you want to accomplish.
9. Really learn what it is that can distract you from what you need to get done and learn how to just say NO and stay away.
10. And most of all believe in yourself and what you are doing. Focus on how you can benefit others by offering them your product or service. When you really believe in yourself and your product or service there is no reason to get distracted by things that will keep you away from what you need to get done.
So there you have it, you now know that the internet bombs may come your way but you now know at least a few tip to avoiding them. Follow these simple points and you will now know that you are in control of your own business.
What ever form of internet marketing you have decided to get involved with, have fun, have focus, have balance and don?t let anything get in your way of success.
By Robert Attieh
About the Author: Robert Attieh has quickly become successful in the field of internet marketing because of programs like Veretekk and the people he is working with such as Stone Evans of the PIPS Program. Visit his websites at: http://testdrive.veretekk.com