10 Helpful Tips For Running A Profitable Web Site
1. Address your targeted audience on your business site. Example: "Welcome Internet Marketers". If you have more than one, address them all.
2. Make sure your content and graphics are relevant to your web site's theme. You wouldn't want to use a bird graphic on a business web site.
3. Alert visitors by email when you add new content to your web site. This will remind people to revisit your web site.
4. Offer a way for visitors to contact you on each web page. List your email address, fax number and phone number.
5. Give people the option of viewing your web site offline. Offer it by autoresponder or printer friendly version.
6. Make sure a least 50% of your content is original. The other option is to offer something else original other than content, like software or an online utility.
7. Offer your visitors incentives for revisiting your web site. You could give them new content, ebooks, software, ezine, etc.
8. Publish a FAQs for your business, product and web site. They could have questions about multiple parts of your business.
9. Make sure all links on the navigational bar are clickable. If people can't get to where they want to go, they will leave.
10. Organize you web site in logical and profitable sequence. You don't want to give a freebie before they learn about the product(s) you're selling.
About the Author: Dan Brown has been active in internet marketing for the past 4 years. Dan currently is working with the Zabang search engine introducing their new affiliate program, which is due out July, 2005. http://www.zabangaffiliate.com/