What Kind Of Turtle Food Is Bad For Your Pet?
When it comes to your turtle care then you can never be to careful. If you take good care of your turtle then she will live for many years under your happy eyes. i think that the most important problem in the turtle care process is the turtle feeding. You must be very careful what you feed you turtle because there are turtle foods that can harm them very bad. you should always consult speciality books referring straight to you kind of turtle.
When a man will search some information on turtle feeding he will probably find a lot of lists with food that you can give to your turtle. But if there aren't specified some important details then one could think that an aliment that is much alike one that is recommended is good for the turtle to. This is a big mistake. There are many differences starting from the way the food is served(cooked) to what substances it contains. So, for making your turtle care easier ,i will try to present in this article some turtle foods that you should never feed.
- If your turtle is a vegetarian one then you shouldn't feed meat. This would be very bad for their metabolism.
- It's usually recommend to feed any vegetarian food that it's not toxic for the human. Spinach is one of the plants that you shouldn't feed. The spinach has a high concentration of oxalic acid which prevents calcium absorption. So i recommend you not to feed or to feed very rarely. The same problem appears for rhubarb and chard. Also never feed rhubarb leafs because they are poisonous.
- When you cook something for you i don't advise you to give it to your turtle because they are to salty and fatty.
- Any processed meat like pork, bacon, sausages is bad for your turtle feeding.
- Never feed raw chicken or turkey because there are many chances for the salmonela to appear.
There are also some food that you can feed to your turtle but rearely.
- Canned cat or dog food it's good but it's too fat and it contains to much protein.
- you can feed Lettuce and celery but i can tell you that they don't have any nutritional value.
- you can include in your turtle feeding some beef, chicken or other meats that humane eat but give them only cooked.
The best way for you and you turtle is to find an exact food mix that will provide the pet the resources she need without harming them. If you won't feed the foods i have listed than you shouldn't have any turtle care problems when it comes to feeding.
About the Author: If you want to find out great turtle care information check out http://www.turtle-care.com . Also for information on different types of turtles visit http://www.turtle-care.com/types_of_turtles.htm