Making Money From Expired Domain Registration
Expired domain names are those that had previously been registered to another owner. These domain name registration are available to the open market because of non-payment of the domain name renewal fees. Such domain names are returned to the open market about forty-five days after the expiration date.
How To Make Profits from Expired Domain Names and Expired Domain Name Traffic:
1. Buying for speculation - There is a large and highly profitable market for reselling domain names at present, and speculators are looking out for developing technologies and trends. There are markets, being watched closely right now, that are expected to grow exponentially within a short span of time. It should be a good idea to locate and register expiring domain names that are related to new trends, technology and markets in order to earn substantial profits.
2. Buying expiring domain name registration and redirecting the targeted traffic - Targeted keyword domain names can help to get traffic from those simply typing in keyword rich domain names into the address bar and hitting the enter key.
3. Buying expired domain registration and putting up generic websites - Using tools like easy website building software, third party payment processors, auto responders and other applications, even a novice could put generic websites online with keyword rich domain names that should appear in the search engine rankings. These websites can be built using expired domain names to drive traffic to them and the domain registration and the developed website could then be sold together with the domain name, as a value added commodity.
4. Buying expiring domain names of websites that are already online ? A number of expiring domain names are, actually, already functioning websites. The owners of these websites either did not renew their domain name registration for some reason or simply stopped operating the website. In fact, quite often, these websites already have traffic from links to other websites, search engine rankings and even directory listings.
5. Buying expired domain names and using them for marketing affiliate programs - Affiliate programs are a good way to acquire an online business without even having a product. Affiliate marketers redirect traffic from the affiliate website to the website of the actual product or service and charge a commission or a fee when any of the redirected traffic results in sales. Affiliate programs have become an automated turnkey solution for a number of entrepreneurs, especially novices.
One can locate and register expired domain name registration that closely target the market of the affiliate programs and then draw that targeted traffic into the website with expired keyword rich domain names with content that satisfies the informational needs. Then the users can be led onto the sales page of the product.
Subsequent to the dot com crash, expired domain names and expired domain name traffic have been a source of profits for many. It is critical to obtain, at a low cost, the automated tools required to track the thousands of domain registration and abandoned websites that are removed from the registry and become available for purchase.
Expired domain names and the expired domain name traffic associated with them have been only available to those who had an automated system and tools.
There are many automated tools and resources currently available for identifying, appraising and even buying these domain name registration on an automated basis.
Numerous domain names are registered for website development, but do not appear online. In a number of these cases, the domain name owners do not follow through with respect to the website development and allow the names to expire.
Also, many domain names even point to fully functioning websites while many are registered for speculation. These domains are registered by speculators in the hope of obtaining a profit on the resale of the domain name registration.
However, there are a number of expired domain names with fully functioning websites, receiving daily traffic from the search engines, links and banner ads. The expired domain names that get this daily traffic can earn revenues if these are redirected to another website or marketed with affiliate programs.
About the Author: Copyright © Active-Domain.com (http://www.active-domain.com). All rights reserved.