Converting Documents: A Step-by-step Guide
The Information Age has many companies converting documents that are important into digital files. These documents are company assets. From maps to photographic scans, spreadsheets, and annual reports, these documents embody the final packaged results of endless hours of labor. Converting documents such as these has become high priority in companies who value their accessibility and reusability above all else.
PDF or Portable Document Format is the most widely used format in converting documents. There are countless reasons why this is so but the most obvious one is that PDF is compatible with all applications in use today. Converting documents from undeveloped records into the cross-platform format of PDF retrieves otherwise lost resources that could still be of use to the organization. With its font-embedding system, even the newest assistant or intern can accomplish the task of converting documents with sophisticated graphics and layout into its exact likeness in PDF quite easily.
Yet despite the fact that PDF is the popular choice among those who work in the electronic publishing areas, many people still use the more comfortable Word or WordPerfect in creating files and then later on just converting documents into PDF.
Now, converting documents into PDF can be tricky and takes some getting used to. Of course, there are always free online conversion tools available over the Internet, which can be accessed anytime of the day, but it always pays to learn the basics in converting documents. Fortunately, the newer versions of most applications include options in converting documents into PDF.
Below are a few steps in converting documents into PDF and vice versa.
Converting Documents from Microsoft Word to PDF
1. Open Microsoft Word and create/open your Word document.
2. From the File menu, select Create Adobe Acrobat PDF to start the process of converting document.
3. Once done, your file is now ready to be published on the Web, your corporate network, e-mail, or CD-ROM.
Converting Documents from Microsoft Excel to PDF
1. Choose Print from the Excel file menu.
2. In the Print dialog box, select Acrobat PDFWriter and click OK. The process of converting document into PDF will begin automatically.
3. As an indication that the process is finished, a PDF icon will appear on your desktop. Your file is now ready to be published.
Converting Documents from Word Perfect to PDF
1. Open the document to be converted and from the File menu, choose the Print option.
2. In the Print dialog box, choose Select Printer in the drop down menu.
3. Select Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter then click Print to start the process of converting document. Once done, your file is now ready to be published.
About the Author: Will Mathison is a freelance writer who writes articles for http://www.pdfconverter.com