Dealing With Skin Dryness
Dry skin has a parched look caused by its lack of ability to retain moisture. Characteristics of dry skin are fine pores, dryness, fine lines, roughness, tight, uncomfortable feeling, and dull appearance. If your skin feels the same, it?s a fair bet you?ve got a dry complexion.
Dry skin is caused by too little sebum in the lower levels of skin and too little moisture in the upper levels. It feels tight and itchy after washing. It requires soothing care to look its best. It is essential to take proper care to hydrate it. Only then you can begin to enjoy a new, softer skin.
Dry skin is very reactive to the environment and hates extremes of cold, heat and wind. It tends to peel and has a tendency to premature ageing with the emergence of fine lines and wrinkles. There is a difference between a dehydrated skin and a dry skin. While the dehydrated skin is simply thirsty, dry skin needs extra care in adapting a beauty regime to nourish the weakened corneal layer. While dealing with dry skin, your objective should always be to restore tone to the lipids in the corneal layer.
Every dermatologist?s advice: you must cleanse according to your skin type. Dry skin must be cleansed without removing the skin?s protective film. So you should opt for a thick milk cleanser and rinse with flower water. Your moisturizing cream should be rich in repairing agents containing ceramides, which reduce the salt content and slow down the evaporation of water in the skin.
Face Masks for dry skin:
1. Mix 2 tablespoons honey with 2 teaspoons milk. Smooth over face and throat. Leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
2. Mash apricots mix it with warm olive oil to form a paste. Apply it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes, then wash off.
Some helpful tips for dealing with dry skin:
1. Drink one and half litre of water every day to retain the hydration rate of your skin cells. Also, it benefits your overall health.
2. Maximize the effects of hydration by adding the essential oil, angelica, to your day and night creams.
3. Make sure to abandon water based cleansers.
4. Try iris flower, as it is excellent for retaining moisture in the skin.
5. Always opt for creams with ceramides.
6. Eat a balanced diet including fresh fruits and vegetables.
7. Stay away from soft drinks, sugar and other junk foods.
Homemade solutions for dry, flaky skin:
1. Place a sprinkling of sugar in your palm and dampen with water. Gently massage on the flaky areas. Rinse.
2. Rub half of an apple on skin to help even out the texture.
Copyright 2005 Tania
About the Author: Tania - For http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com . Find lots of makeup and beauty tips here with loads of information on skin care and skin disorders. Get addicted at our exciting forums ? http://forums.ultimate-cosmetics.com You are free to publish the above article in your ezine or website, provided the credit is given to the author and a hyperlink (HTML clickable) is given to http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com