Here is a sure crowd pleaser. This is a chili recipe that can be cooked either on the stove or in a slow cooker/crock pot. My Dad always made the best chili, but he refused to put tomatoes in it. I personally love tomatoes in my chili recipe. He, on the other hand, thinks it is crazy to add tomaotes to your chili. So, I have taken his recipe and made it more Chef Bek friendly.
- 1 lb. ground beef or stew meat, browned and drained.
- 1 medium onion, diced.
- 1 small or 1/2 large green pepper diced.
- 1 small or 1/2 large red pepper diced.
- 1 can Rotel - mexican flavored diced tomatoes with chilies.
- 1 can black beans.
- 1 small can tomato paste.
- 1 can beer - I like dark beers for my chili.
- 4 tbsp ground chili powder.
- 2 tbsp cumin.
- 1/2 square bakers unsweetend chocolate.
Brown beef, peppers, and onion. Drain off any grease. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Add the beans last.
Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to VERY low. Cook with the lid off an Hour. Then cook 1 hour with the lid on. Cook on VERY low!
To kick it up, add a tiny bit of cayenne pepper or jalapeno.
- Add grated chedder or jack cheese on top.
- Add a dollop of sour cream, or ranch dip.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime juice and 2 tbsp of fresh celantro (chopped).
- Serve over a handful of Fritos or Tortilla chips ---- YUMMY!
- Serve over a bed of cooked pasta with cheese, sour cream, and jalapenos.
Tips from Chef Bek:
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Chili Recipe - brown meat, drain. Add ALL ingrediets to crock pot and cook for about 4 hours.
About the Author: Bek Davis (Chef Bek) is a trained chef and a work at home mom. You can find more recipes, cooking tips, and mom resources on her highly recommended websites: http://modernmomnetwork.com, http://www.iwebdesigns.org, and http://www.iFreeRecipes.com.
>> recipe source: http://free-recipes-reprint.blogspot.com