Antique carpets add a touch of grandeur and glamour to your home or office interiors speaking volumes about your rich and sophisticated tastes! Antique decorative carpets are extravagantly beautiful home furnishings and solid art investments. Antique carpets and rugs are not just decorative items but pieces of tradition, ethnicity and true class portraying a continuous cultural tradition dating back thousands of years! Antique carpets and rugs represent enormous range in motifs and color harmonies and you will simply go berserk seeing the diverse combination of rich antique colors and heavy intricate weaving that are just too awesome!
The diverse range of antique carpet pieces that you will come across while shopping for them are mostly exquisite Oriental carpets and rugs portraying the mystery and legends of the far off Oriental lands! Antique carpets and rugs are mostly imported from China, Persia, India, Afghanistan, Caucasus and Turkey. Some of the famous weaving areas of such antique Oriental carpets include Oushak, Sultanabad, Tabriz, Kashan, Agra, and many more.
Antique carpets and rugs have a more artistic integrity, as they are exclusively hand-woven! So get ready to pay handsomely for these artifacts that are exotic and so royal! Various art dealers and carpet galleries all over the world are doing brisk business selling these antique beauties at extravagant prices! Clients are ready to pay just about anything to own one and redefine their home décor status!
Following are some of the famous varieties of antique Oriental carpets that you will come across while shopping for them!
* Antique Sultanabad carpet
* Antique Bidjar carpet
* Antique Tabriz carpet
* Antique Agra carpet
* Antique Amritsar carpet
* Antique Kashan carpet
* Antique North Indian carpet
* Antique Serapi carpet
* Antique Heriz carpet
* Antique Kurdish carpet
* Antique Kirman carpets
* Antique Chinese carpets
* Antique Samarkand carpets
* Antique Lavar carpet
* Antique Oushak carpet
* Antique North West Persian carpet
* Antique Saraouk carpet
You will also come across antique European carpets depicting the history and artistic grandeur of the ancient European period! These European antique carpets are also hand woven in the carpet weaving areas of Savonnerie, Aubusson, and Ax Minster! Some of the famous European antique carpets that you would love to possess are as follows:
* Antique Ax minister carpet
* Antique Savonnerie carpet
* Antique Aubusson carpet
* Antique Cuenca carpet
* Antique English Needlework carpet
* Antique English Pile carpet
* Antique Don Egan carpet
* Antique Besserabian carpet
So if you want to add that luster and glamour to your home or office and are ready to spend quite a bit of fortune on these exquisite pieces of art then you just can?t wait a single moment!
First and foremost contact several reliable, knowledgeable and genuine art dealers and art galleries who deal in antique carpets and rugs exclusively and have profound knowledge about the various aspects of a good and genuine antique carpet! They can guide you in selecting the best one as per your budget and tastes.
Also you?ve got to do a bit of ?homework? yourself too! Visit lots of dealers and educate yourself about dyes, wools, design quality and weaving styles. Touch rugs and scrutinize them carefully! Beware of machine-made synthetic carpets that some art dealers spuriously project as antique carpet!
Some tips for you that will come handy while buying antique carpets and rugs:
* You have to be careful and thoughtful while analyzing each piece of antique carpet.
* You also have to try and understand the age and origin of the carpet that will in turn give you a closer insight about the quality of the carpet!
* You should also look to see if the edge and end borders are all there in the antique carpet you intend to buy as the end and edge borders sometimes are lost through use or are cut out intentionally! Remember the borders determine the value of your carpet!
* Watch out for holes and moth attacks that are very common when you are dealing with antique carpets and rugs! These problems have to be attended before you buy the carpet!
* Always deal with dealers who have the prices marked on the rugs! See to it that your dealer sticks to these fixed prices! Most reputable dealers have fixed and constant prices and a well-defined policy about discounts.
About the Author: Uwe Matt makes it easy to discover antique carpets.