What is the Benefits of Using the Validator framework in struts ?
Defination of Validator Framework :
Struts Framework provides the functionality to validate the form data. It can be use to validate the data on the users browser as well as on the server side. Struts Framework emits the java scripts and it can be used to validate the form data on the client browser. Server side validation of the form can be accomplished by sub classing your From Bean with DynaValidatorForm class.
The Validator framework was developed by David Winterfeldt as third-party add-on to Struts. Now the Validator framework is a part of Jakarta Commons project and it can be used with or without Struts. The Validator framework comes integrated with the Struts Framework and can be used without doing any extra settings.
struts validator framework has the following benifits...
1) A single definition of validation rules for an application.
2) Validation rules are loosely coupled to the application.
3) Server-side and client-side validation rules can be defined in one location.
4) Configuration of new rules and/or changes to existing rules are made simpler.
5) Supports Internationalization.
6) Supports regular expressions.
7) Can be used for both Web-based and standard Java applications.
8) Promotes a declarative approach rather than a programmatic one.