Here is the answer,
1) AWT stands for Abstract windows toolkit whereas le Swing is also called as JFC?s (Java Foundation classes).
2) AWT components use native methods Swing components use the methods that are written in Java. Therefore AWT is heavy weight component and swing is light weight component.
3) Light weight components have transparent pixels where as heavy weight is always opaque.
4) Light weight components are non-rectangular whereas Heavy weight components are rectangular
5) Swings components are made in pure java and they are platform independent whereas AWT components are platform dependent.
6) Swing provides look and feel feature whereas this feature is not supported by AWT.
If you are facing any programming issue, such as compilation errors or not able to find the code you are looking for.
Ask your questions, our development team will try to give answers to your questions.