An interface is a named collection of method definitions (without implementations). An interface can also include constant declarations.
* A class inherits only constants from an interface.
* A class cannot inherit method implementations from an interface.
* The interface hierarchy is independent of the class hierarchy.
* Capturing similarities between unrelated classes without artificially forcing a class relationship.
* Declaring methods that one or more classes are expected to implement.
* Revealing an object's programming interface without revealing its class.
For read more information on Java visit to :http://www.roseindia.net/java/master-java/interface.shtmlhttp://www.roseindia.net/java/