November 18, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Two paths are available for migrating Java applications to .Net: upgrade them to Visual J# .Net or convert them to Visual C# .Net. Upgrading Java applications to J# is the quickest and easiest way to port Java applications to the .Net Framework. Java developers are instantly productive on Visual J# .Net because they are already familiar with the syntax and set of class libraries.
Java applications can convert to C# using the Microsoft Java Language Conversion Assistant (JLCA). Code that calls Java APIs can convert to comparable C# code that uses the .Net Framework. The JLCA converts 90 percent of JDK-level 1.1.4 calls and emits issues in code for the other 10 percent. Each issue is linked to a topic with guidelines for modifications needed to finish the conversion.