Cake is a rapid development framework for PHP which uses commonly known design patterns like ActiveRecord, Association Data Mapping, Front Controller and MVC. Our primary goal is to provide a structured framework that enables PHP users at all levels to rapidly develop robust web applications, without any loss to flexibility. It is an open source and robust framework for developing web based applications.
It is capable to handle all the aspect from user initial request to final web page rendering. It allows the developers to extend and customize the feature of web application because it follows MVC design pattern.
The CakePhp framework keeps the entire framework logical and consistence because it provides the organizational structure from database table to file names.
The CakePhp also features some additional classes and objects which assists more enjoyable development of application in MVC. The Helper and Behavior class reusability and extensibility for adding a nice functionality to MVC in your application.
Features of CakePhp
1. Based on MVC Architecture.
2. Generate code via Bake.
3. Scaffolding of Application.
5. Extensive validation of model data.
6. Providers router for handling extensions and mapping URL's
7. provides utility classes for working with folders, files, arrays etc.
8. request chandelling, security and session.
9. Its is free for everyone, since it has developed in MIT license
10. Compatible with PHP4 and PHP5
11. Provides basic architecture for web developments.
12. Assists in quick developments of website and reduces costs.
Recommend the tutorial